Results of my personal cruise challenge.

Options
iAMaPhoenix
iAMaPhoenix Posts: 1,038 Member
So today was the day I scheduled to do my weigh in after my cruise. I decided to give it a few days after to account for water weight gain and also my strange illness this past weekend. The Results:

Pre cruise weight---219.8. Post cruise weight---220.4

I am absolutely freaking stoked. I feel like breakdancing. After being on a floating smorgasbord of debauchery, I feel victorious. I still think the .5# is water retention that will be lost soon anyway, so it is time to celebrate.

This gives me the push I need to go the distance to reach my ultimate goal of a BMI of 25 or less. As we embark in the final few months of 2011, I want to thank all my current and future MFPers for being a part of my life. I know I cannot call out each of you personally, but would like to give a few special shoutouts. Nole, I thank you for always giving me a swift kick in the *kitten* when you think I am going overboard with my workouts. Etroupe, I thank you for monitoring my food diary and not being judgemental that I partake of an adult beverage every now and then...lol. For stepping in and taking a leadership role, I love you OkieWorkout. HungryMarathonGirl, I appreciate the challenge you set forth in keeping mileage numbers up. For her edgy side that only a sick mind like mine can appreciate, I thank TheNewLK for her Questions of the Day---keep em coming girlfriend. PrettyPain, you are the bestest flirt I know, and I appreciate you for that---Never let anyone get the best of you. To Keisha and Carolinamommy, thanks for your daily words of inspiration. I look forward to them. To my main men, RCKT82, Henney16, Kenlad, Riley, Hector---I appreciate you for joining me in this journey and the realization that it does not take heavy grunting to achieve our goals. There are tons of others to thank, but I do have to return to work sometime today...lol

Keep up the good work friends, and will provide a link for my cruise pictures later. Sorry to disappoint ladies, but no Speedo shots this time around, but there is this one old guy with some tighty whities on the beach...you will see.

Always,
E.

Replies

• BlessedandBeautifulBrown
    Options
    Congrats.. I trying to get as much off before mine in Dec...
  • upinthecosmos
    upinthecosmos Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    Awesome acheivement!
  • smrtcar
    smrtcar Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Good on ya!
  • MB1967
    MB1967 Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    Thats so cool! Well done, you should be proud of yourself, cruises are a dieter nightmare...or fantasy dream depending on your mood LOL.
  • Suzeesmu
    Suzeesmu Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    First of all, CONGRATULATIONS to the poster of the topic!! That is an amazing feat to accomplish on a cruise!!!!

I, too, just returned from a cruise (12 days to pack it on). The fitness instructor on board told us that the average person gains 1 - 2 pounds a day on a cruise. I thought that was insane, but if you think about it, 24 hour eating, rich foods, ice cream, cookies, sweets available constantly, it may not be!

I began the cruise walking the ship the first day at sea (there was a marker that said how many laps was 1 mile), used the gym, but once we started hitting the ports, I stopped, then I just plain stopped exercising even when we were at sea. Exercising would definitely have helped keep the weight down. I was not as fortunate as the poster of the topic - I was plus 6.5 pounds post-cruise (but was glad it wasn't more!). My 24 yr old nephew, who worked out daily, and ate more responsibly, lost 3 pounds! I'm going to throw a younger metabolism in there as a helper for him too.

Do I regret gaining weight? Nope! I savored every single bite, each calorie! I believe it will come off quite quickly too, since it was so far out of my normal eating routine; almost anything I do at home will be a reduction in calories and carbs, and an increase in exercise (you don't burn many calories reading a book!).

If you are going on a cruise, do whatever you have to to enjoy it - afterall, how often do you actually get to do something like that!?! :drinker:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!