#WeightFluctuationProblems

Options
Hi all,
I just bought some new rings at the Rennaisance Festival yesterday. Literally yesterday! I tried on different sizes (I don't buy rings often) and determined one that slid on and off okay without getting stuck on my finger.

Guess what? These rings are way too big now (just a day later)!

How do you properly shop for rings when considering weight fluctuation? Should I buy multiple sizes (smaller and just-right) from now on?

-kat

Replies

• Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    edited November 2016
    Options
    Didn't your weight fluctuate before you lost weight?
    How about these:
    https://www.amazon.com/Ring-Snuggies-Original-Adjusters-Assorted/dp/B0014DGXU8

Buy one size. Use these when your rings feel too big?
  • katsushii
    katsushii Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    MeganAM89 wrote: »
    If you want to get anything resized it's always easier to go from too big to just right rather than the opposite.
    ^ Oooh, good to know!

Didn't your weight fluctuate before you lost weight?
    Yeah, it did, but I haven't bought/worn rings regularly before. I finally found rings I liked. I tried them on, passed on ones that were too small, and bought the ones that fit on my fingers snugly.

How about these:
    https://www.amazon.com/Ring-Snuggies-Original-Adjusters-Assorted/dp/B0014DGXU8

Buy one size. Use these when your rings feel too big?
    Aww, thanks, Sabine! Perfect!

Thanks both! ^_^
  • bioklutz
    bioklutz Posts: 1,365 Member
    Options
    This is a daily problem for me - but I don't think it is weight related. My fingers are slimmest in the morning or when it is cold. I usually put my wedding ring on my middle finger in the morning. As the day goes the ring gets tighter and I switch fingers. I tried the snuggies and didn't like them. I hope they work out for you!
  • wrharvill
    wrharvill Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    It took me a few years of shopping at the Ren Faire to realize that my fingers will swell even with just meandering about, and so whichever rings I decide to purchase will be slightly "too small" when I'm trying them on. I know I'm a size 4 on my ring finger so thats what I stick with regardless of the fit at the time.