Any quick breakfast recipe? I never have time for breakfast! :(

Replies

• seska422
    seska422 Posts: 3,217 Member
    edited October 2016
    Options
    I have one of these for breakfast every morning:

tgsats5kcahi.jpeg

It's easy to make from separately purchased ingredients if they aren't in your area and/or you want to make it yourself.
  • JennaMatthews07
    JennaMatthews07 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Oatmeal is super quick, and adding fruit to it makes it even more delicious! Also, having yogurt on hand is a great thing. Finally, finger foods, like fruit, and toast are frat things.
  • Juleabel
    Juleabel Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    It may sound odd but I like cottage cheese and scoop it with pretzel crisps. It is easy for me to eat quickly at work and get lots of protein.
  • TonyB0588
    TonyB0588 Posts: 9,520 Member
    Options
    Any quick breakfast recipe? I never have time for breakfast! :(

How much time do you think you need to have?

"Recipe" implies that you have to cook it. What about pouring some cereal from a box and adding milk? Sometimes I add yogurt as well. Two slices of bread in the toaster while eating the cereal, and you're ready to spread something on them as soon as they pop up.

Sometimes I have an egg boiling while I'm in the shower, so it's really no extra time waiting on that either.

You could keep the cooked breakfast ideas for holidays and weekends when there's not so much rush.
  • DeviatedNorm
    DeviatedNorm Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    120g of cottage cheese or yogurt. Bam, breakfast. Need more calories? Add some fruit and/or pb2.
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    Juleabel wrote: »
    It may sound odd but I like cottage cheese and scoop it with pretzel crisps. It is easy for me to eat quickly at work and get lots of protein.
    120g of cottage cheese or yogurt. Bam, breakfast. Need more calories? Add some fruit and/or pb2.

I'm on the cottage cheese for breakfast too, lots of protein and I like it. I do drown it in hot sauce though, which gets me some funny looks in the tea room.
  • sy_19440
    sy_19440 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    I make scrambled eggs in the morning. Or do mini omelets in the a muffin tin go you have a grab an go to reheat. I also eat greek yogurt with fresh fruit and tsp of honey. Leftovers from the night before. I'm not a picky eater or will only eat something at the "right" time of day.
  • tcunbeliever
    tcunbeliever Posts: 8,219 Member
    Options
    black coffee
  • anntoureilles
    anntoureilles Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Parmelet stuffed with a little steamed broccoli and a few chunks of Tyson cooked chicken breast (google "parmelet" if you want to see how that's prepared - it is delicious!)
  • TonyB0588
    TonyB0588 Posts: 9,520 Member
    Options
    Having a business breakfast tomorrow. No need for me to prepare this time. :)
  • nokwandashabangu
    nokwandashabangu Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    All bran cereal is good
  • mylifeisbeautiful
    mylifeisbeautiful Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    I make a big batch of steel cut oatmeal on Sunday. It takes 1 minute to heat up (I use stove top but microwave would work too). To this you can add fruit, cottage cheese, yogurt etc etc. And it keeps you very full until lunch. I went through a phase where I put coconut milk and chocolate chips in :) Very decadent, I know, but I just needed a treat to get me out of bed.
  • ynnirb48
    ynnirb48 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Great idea, @mylifeisbeautiful! Mind sharing how you cook your big batch of steel cut oatmeal?
  • BigGrubber
    BigGrubber Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Wholegrain rice cakes with organic peanut butter. Pretty quick, I usually have it at my desk when I get into work. Or toast rye bread and spread on some mashed up avocado mixed with chilli flakes, lime juice and chia seeds. I prep it all the night before and eat at my desk in the morning.
  • sheilatbrecht
    sheilatbrecht Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Apple slices dipped in natural peanut butter.
  • kulenovicf
    kulenovicf Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I usually make smoothie, half of banana, pear, water, chia seeds, cinnamon and voila.. Ready to go!
  • fitoverfortymom
    fitoverfortymom Posts: 3,452 Member
    Options
    I boil eggs over the weekend and eat one each day on some crispbread crackers. On weekends I make a two egg omelette with mushrooms, spinach, and feta.
  • Chadxx
    Chadxx Posts: 1,199 Member
    Options
    I usually do sort of a breakfast scramble with chicken breast, mushrooms, and egg whites, covered with salsa. Other times, I will cook turkey cutlets, pork chops, or steak in a skillet with a side of eggs. The wife makes a smoothie with whey protein, almond milk, and fresh fruit.