need to lose weight quickly. advice appreciated!!

Options
Hey all!! Im new, and trying to lose weight as quickly as possible! Im looking for advice and support from other members of the community....

Replies

• Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    What's the rush?
  • Gaygirl2120
    Gaygirl2120 Posts: 541 Member
    Options
    Losing weight takes time. Just keep consistent with your eating & workouts, that's the best way to see results.
  • jaeandcjsmom
    jaeandcjsmom Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    My weight is effecting my entire life. I weigh more now, then I did 9 months pregnant with my 6th child... and im miserable.
  • crackpotbaby
    crackpotbaby Posts: 1,297 Member
    Options
    I understand the sense of urgency, but there is no quick fix.

What you CAN do is start today with healthy and sustainable eating habits.

Once you start to see the little changes and first losses, that feeling of misery won't be so overwhelming. You can do this.
  • JustMissTracy
    JustMissTracy Posts: 6,338 Member
    Options
    Today is the day then! No point being miserable, it's time to take the bull by the horns, and start crushing that weight! First things first, you need a plan! MFP works, if you use it properly....Have you started weighing and logging your food? Yes, great...No? Time to start...get yourself a digital scale, and believe me, it will be a game-changer.Every single one of us on here thought we didn't need one at the start, then once we got one, and saw the REAL numbers, everything started falling into place (for most of us!). Weighing every single thing you eat may seem tedious to start, but it becomes second nature before you even realize it. (An activity tracker could be priceless for you too, to get your numbers as accurate as possible!)
    Put your data into MFP, and start. Remember, the more you move your body, the more you will be able to eat every day. CICO= Calories In VS Calories Out...you want to consistently burn approximately 500 calories a day MORE than you eat. That's why the scales are so important. You can do this, good luck and feel free to add me if you'd like!...xo
  • bakers1985
    bakers1985 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Just like the other comments, losing weight should not be done too fast, you will end up failing if done too fast and may end up worse off, slow consistent weight loss is key to keeping it off. It needs to be a lifestyle change that you can stick too. If you cannot see yourself doing what it takes you to lose the weight twelve months down the track then you won't keep it off.