Beginning my weight-loss journey...for the second or third t

Options
Hey everyone. I'm not new to MFP, although I am new in the sense that I'm actually using it this time! I've always struggled with how I see my body and feel about my body, even when I weighed 125 (I now weigh 160 at 5'2") I would look in the mirror and think "Wow, you're a blimp." So in a way I think I'm happy I gained 40 pounds in high school, because I actually appreciate myself more now that I'm heavy more than I did when I wasn't.

Nevertheless, the weight needs to come off. I was recently diagnosed with PCOS, and my doctors (gynecologist, endocrinologist) are both telling me that even a 5% weight loss can help get my ovulation and menstrual cycle back on track. I'm hoping that I can stick with it this time and lose the weight, as I keep being told that the older you get, the harder it is to lose!

I hope that I can help encourage people, and that people can encourage me! Pushing, and helping to push I think is what's going to make all the difference this time. :happy:

Let's do this!

Replies

• sammy2672
    sammy2672 Posts: 15
    Options
    :happy: I wish you well in your new MFP challengeand i'm sure you will follow and stick it out this time.
    It's funny when we look back and realise that when we where younger and thinner we where actually fit, but at the time we are always very critical of our selves. I would love to be 125lbs now but that I feel is a distant memory and wouldlove to be it again.

Good Luck:flowerforyou:
  • Butterbean6737
    Butterbean6737 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Good luck and my only advice is to stick with it! I started at 301lbs at the start of Jan 2010, got down to 230lbs last summer, went back up to 260 by Christmas last year, and now I'm back down to 230lbs! It is ajourney, not a sprint! Good luck
  • KellieNause
    Options
    Thank you! And congrats on your weight loss! :P
  • KellieNause
    Options
    Thank you! And if you want to get down to 125 I'm sure you could! I'm learning (slowly) that this isn't something that is going to come easy! :) If you ever need encouragement, let me know