Hi

Options
Hi There,

My name is Terri and I like my food! However, I come to a point where I need to lose weight as I would like to under go treatment to have a child and I need to be a healthy weight to be able to have the treatment and also to get healthy and in shape. My partner has just lost over ten stone with the help of Slimming World, which is excellent and couldn't be more proud. I have tried it before but I didn't like the group setting.

Which is why I am here, I love the internet and I think this place is awesome!

I currently weigh 203lbs and I need to get to 133lbs, it is going to be a long journey but I have until the end of next year!

Terri

Replies

• MrsRadder
    MrsRadder Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    That's exciting and it will all be worth it! Good luck!
  • mongold1
    mongold1 Posts: 1
    Options
    Good luck with everything.
  • MeganJo
    MeganJo Posts: 69
    Options
    You can do it, just stick to it and make healthy choices! If you ever have any questions feel free to ask! Good luck!
  • cherievares
    Options
    Great Job using My Fitness Pal! I have been successfull in using this tool for weight loss since May 31, 2011 and have lost 9 lbs. since I joined. I know you will meet your weight and fitness goals if you keep yourself accountable using Fitness Pal. The journey will be long, but I have confidence you have the tools you need with this website. You can add me as a friend if you like!

Take Care,

Cherie :flowerforyou:
  • tlzidon
    tlzidon Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Good luck. You can make this happen. Befriend people on here and you will find some great support. Dont be afraid to ask questions either. :)

Best of luck to you and your husband with starting a family. Munchkins are very much worth it even if you ask yourself why some days lol.
  • terrimerry
    Options
    Hi Terri....I'm Terri also and want to congratulate you on the very smart decision to lose weight before trying to have a baby. I'm an anesthetist and one thing we really dread is having to anesthetize obese pregnant women for their c-section. Obese women put themselves and their baby at great risk during the whole 9 months but especially at the end when things can go very wrong. So many women just "fall" into a pregnancy already hugely overweight and expect that they're going to have the same safe experience as thin women. It's just not always true and then they want to blame the medical personnel around them when it was often partly or completely their fault for being so large and technically difficult to handle. So, best of luck to you - you have a great motivation for losing weight and I know you'll do it. Terri
  • terribickley
    Options
    Thank you everyone for your kind messages :smile: I have so many questions that my mind is abit of a muddle at the moment!