How can you loose baby weight quick

Anyone have suggestions on loosing baby weight?

Replies

• jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    Eat in a calorie deficit, same as non-baby weight. If you are breastfeeding, take care to keep calories high enough to ensure good supply.
  • rsclause
    rsclause Posts: 3,103 Member
    I would just focus on consistently losing with deficit, quick is not really a part of it.
  • sardelsa
    sardelsa Posts: 9,812 Member
    Well it took 9 months to put the weight on so... just take it slow, no need to rush especially if you are nursing. Eating at a deficit will get you there. Also keeping active helps.. take the baby out for walks in the stroller, workout at home next to baby or when they are napping, have healthy snacks prepared, track your intake on here, etc.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    you shouldn't be trying to lose any sort of weight 'quick', you should aim to do it at a rate that is healthy and sustainable.
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 18,009 Member
    You just made a human! Go you! Don't be in a rush to loser baby weight, you've got other stuff going on.
  • trigden1991
    trigden1991 Posts: 4,658 Member
    Calorie Deficit + Patience = Weight Loss
  • maryjaquiss
    maryjaquiss Posts: 307 Member
    It's taken me two years to get the motivation to lose the baby weight - exhaustion, time and breastfeeding have all got in the way/been my excuses! However, it's now coming off pretty quickly with a modest calorie deficit and exercise.

I would say that if your baby is still small, be kind to yourself, eat food that makes your body feel good and don't rush it - looking after a tiny is hard enough work without throwing a strict/faddy diet into the mix as well. Track if you feel up to it but as others have said, do make sure you add calories on if you're breastfeeding (I think the guidance is about 400 a day extra). If you go on to an extreme diet, your body will think you're in the middle of a famine and stop making the milk - it's cruel but nature thinks you can have another baby so it's more important for you to survive! (Obviously your baby will be fine with formula in this day and age but it's a consideration if you want to continue breastfeeding for a bit.)
  • Derpy_Hooves
    Derpy_Hooves Posts: 234 Member
    You just made a human! Go you! Don't be in a rush to loser baby weight, you've got other stuff going on.

100% this! Please take it easy.
  • mgalovic01
    mgalovic01 Posts: 388 Member
    Breast feed
  • Asher_Ethan
    Asher_Ethan Posts: 2,430 Member
    It took me a year.5 to lose the baby weight. Eat at a small deficit and take up a lifting program.
  • hokiemom14
    hokiemom14 Posts: 105 Member
    Nursing actually helped get me down very quickly with both of my boys. I always held on to the last few pounds because of nursing, but when I was done with that they came off easily as well. I did workout as well. My boys loved to walk/run with me. I did lots of toning exercises because my stomach and legs needed that as well.