Introducing Myself

Options
Hi, my name is Christa and I am 22 years old. I was fairly skinny with a medium build my whole life until I got pregnant at 18. I was home alone for much of my pregnancy and became kind of depressed, which lead me to eating alot. I gained 50 pounds while pregnant, starting at 135 and ending at 181. I gave birth to a healthy, 9.5lb baby girl in July 2008 and have been stuck at 155 pounds since. I'm 5'6" and according the BMI index, I'm right between normal and overweight. I still have high self esteem most of the time and don't entirely dislike my shape, but I would like to get back down to 135.
My first weight goal is 149.
My second wight goal is 145.
My third weight goal is 135.

I have had a gym membership since January and but haven't gone that much because it's kind of far away. The membership runs out August 1st :( I feel like I eat better than I used to, which is why I can't believe I haven't naturally lost any weight. I have, however, become a relatively regular drinker. When I turned 21, we got a tap system in our house. We prefer full lager Yuengling (if you're from PA, you'll know what that is!), and that is pretty much detrimental to my weight loss goals. It's very difficult to lose weight when you enjoy drinking and when your other half doesn't have any weight loss goals, and eats whatever he wants.

I joined this group because I was inspired at how many of you have lost weight. I have no idea how to eat healthy, but for now I've been cutting back on portion sizes and have been avoiding soda, beer (trying!!), candy (I have a major, major sweet tooth), etc.

Replies

• MeganJo
    MeganJo Posts: 69
    Options
    Glad you found MFP! It is an excellent tool for support and keeping track of what you're eating, etc. I highly suggest looking at "The Eat Clean Diet Recharged!" book by Tosca Reno. It is an excellent guide to the healthiest way of eating (in my opinion) and it isn't really a diet, it's a lifestyle change. It isn't difficult to do and it is extremely beneficial to your health. If you need tips/motivation/advice please check out Live Lean (my friend and I created it, we are both personal trainers) here is our facebook link: http://www.facebook.com/pages/LIVE-LEAN/182980675084842

If you ever have any questions feel free to ask me, I'd be more than happy to help you out. Living healthy is my passion and I want to help as many people as I can. Good luck!