Anyone around 5'8 with goal weight loss about 25-30 lbs succeeded?

Options
2»

Replies

• pinkhippie
    pinkhippie Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    maaadde wrote: »

That's amazing, and I'm sure you'll get down to your goal weight eventually! Like you said it's probably more sustainable with a slower loss and not feel deprived, but on the other hand, not actually being overweight there's not real reason to lose it all very quick. I do however understand that it sucks to accept that, I'm struggling with that part a bit too. But as people have told me, a fast weight loss when you're not overweight usually results in losing muscle instead of fat, and that's not what we want, right?! :wink:

Thanks! Its true, Im not overweight, but before babies I was 140ish so I have lots of clothes that I still can't fit in to. Its hard to be patient. I think though that has been my problem the past few years. I get down to 160ish and then stall out so I just give up. I am not giving up this time. Also, I have greatly increased my vegetable consumption. By a lot. That has really helped me feel full with less calories. I used to go overboard and burn myself out eating nothing but giant salads but now I have been cooking and roasting vegetables and making them about 3/4 of my plate and then the main entree about 1/4 for dinner and lunch. That has been really helpful and now I really like vegetables. :) I feel much better physically. i Just have to get on the exercise train more consistently. Im not sure why its so hard for me.
  • JillKad
    JillKad Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I'm in a similar situation!

5'7'', SW: 185 pounds (highest I've ever been). I thought I was eating healthy, but exercise wasn't frequent and I've realized that my diet was completely out of whack. (Too many cheat days, not enough reasons to cheat haha)

3 weeks ago I actually joined a program at my neighborhood gym. It's a 6 week program that comes with a meal plan and the accountability that you will come to the gym at least 3 times per week. I haven't weighed myself since I started, but feel lighter from eating cleaner foods and from working out and my clothes fit better. I second the last post about weight training! It's been making a huge difference to me.

Also, try not focus so much on the scale. Focus more on how your body is transforming (inches, strength, etc). I know I probably won't be 140 pounds ever again, but maybe I'll look REALLY damn good at 160 because I've been toning up. My scale actually died, so that's why I haven't weighed myself, but I am glad it did because I worry that it discourages me more than I need.

Keep on rocking! You want to FEEL great and a # on a scale may not give you that especially if you're depriving yourself!
  • sllm1
    sllm1 Posts: 2,114 Member
    Options
    86h8ilj4fvwl.png
    zxvuq3yvbspm.jpg

182 at my heaviest (top left), 148 in mud run pic, 144 in blue tank.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!