Low calorie snacks

Options
I work overnights and need a low calorie snack to entertain my munchies at night. I will do grapes and cottage cheese or pickles but need other low calorie snacks as my"normal" schedule of eating is nonexistent

Replies

• CurlyCockney
    CurlyCockney Posts: 1,394 Member
    Options
    With huuuge thanks to @GottaBurnEmAll for mentioning it, I finally got an airpopper so I'm going to recommend popcorn! 182kcals for 50g of kernels, and I spray some 1 kcal buttery type thing on it.
  • sammyliftsandeats
    sammyliftsandeats Posts: 2,421 Member
    Options
    Cut up veggies with measured out dip.

How low is low?
  • fitoverfortymom
    fitoverfortymom Posts: 3,452 Member
    Options
    Popcorn. Watermelon.
  • danielalcuevas
    danielalcuevas Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Quest has protein chips with different flavors and they taste amazing and each bag is like 120 calories with 20 grams of protein
  • pinkblonde1
    pinkblonde1 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I just ate a piece of toast with 2 laughing cowl cheeses on it. Super good and guilt free lol
  • svellela
    svellela Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Cereal cereal and more cereal special k or cheerios I eat it dry with some Splenda and cinimon sprinkled on top
  • svellela
    svellela Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Sooooo good only 110 calories per cup
  • Chazsteers
    Chazsteers Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Blueberries are a good snack, low calorie and good for the sweet tooth.
  • Queenmunchy
    Queenmunchy Posts: 3,380 Member
    edited November 2016
    Options
    I like to keep 1-cup servings of super low calorie soup in my freezer for snacks (if you have a microwave, you can bring them to work). They're so filling to me with only a few calories.

65 calorie cream of zucchini soup
    52 calorie cream of mushroom soup
    65 calorie cream of asparagus soup
    53 calorie creamy cauliflower soup
    53 calorie watercress cauliflower soup
  • brant710
    brant710 Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    I cut up carrots and eat them all the time. 3oz is roughly 35 calories without any dip.
  • rontafoya
    rontafoya Posts: 365 Member
    Options
    I recommend dried salted seaweed snacks if you find it palatable.
  • shellyld2016
    shellyld2016 Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    I keep a container of veggies on hand for snacking. Sugar snap peas are my favorite, no dip needed.
  • Evamutt
    Evamutt Posts: 2,383 Member
    Options
    they're only new for me, I started snacking on rice cakes. they have all kinds of flavors. sometime i put P butter or fruit spread on it. only 45 calories. I heard the popcorn flavor was good. so far i tried the white chedar & carmel corn
  • JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,182 Member
    Options
    Thinaddictives, mozzarella sticks, tangerines, apples.
  • TorStar80
    TorStar80 Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    Blue Menu in Canada has some really great low calorie treats (and everything really, from Jam to Spaghetti Sauce), I'm in love with the Chocolate Smoothie Bars, hits my sweet tooth and relatively guilt free.
  • estherdragonbat
    estherdragonbat Posts: 5,283 Member
    Options
    These are my go-tos. Note: I'm vegetarian, strictly kosher, and Canadian, so within those parameters...

Yves veggie dogs (50 calories)
    30 grams Quaker corn squares cereal eaten dry (110 calories)
    String cheese (80 calories)
    Tuv Taam brand Spanish eggplant spread (2 tbsp@30 calories) either as a raw veggie dip or spread on rice crackers
    I keep my homemade desserts to 200 calories or fewer per portion. So, strawberry or peach sorbet is around 90 calories to the half-cup. I did brandy-minted cantaloupe balls this week at 85 calories per serving... it varies.

And this week, a guest brought us a bag of strawberry licorice twists. Each piece is roughly 40 calories. I've been rationing out 2 or 3 a day.
  • Graelwyn75
    Graelwyn75 Posts: 4,404 Member
    Options
    Roasted chickpeas. You can buy them from health food stores or make your own, but the ones I snack on are 88 calories for a 65g bag. That is a lot of dry roasted chickpeas.