Need help on Macros

Options
I have recently started my journey a few weeks ago and am want to get more knowledgeable on nutrition. I am having a hard time finding a good way to figure out my daily macros . Can anyone recommend a good site or maybe a good book to read that might help me understand a little better :) Thank you and have an amazing day

Replies

• jenlei7231
    jenlei7231 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I am interested in this as well. The counting calories isn't doing it this time.
  • hannahlaynec
    hannahlaynec Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Iifym.com
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,081 Member
    Options
    Just use the default macros, unless you are training for some super competitive event.

Pay attention to how different foods make you feel afterward. Do carbs make you hungrier? Does fat and fiber fill you up longer?

People make up all kinds of "rules" for themselves that are just overkill. The default macros here work perfectly well for the majority.
  • maeggggan
    maeggggan Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    there are plenty of sites that do macro calculators.
  • trigden1991
    trigden1991 Posts: 4,658 Member
    Options
    Net calories are what create your calorie deficit so ensure your calorie goal is correct. Macro's are not as important however adequate protein (0.8g/lb) is good for muscle retention, adequate fats (0.4g/lb) are good for keeping hormones in check and carbs can be the rest. However as per my first sentence, calories are the crucial part and macros are less important.
  • colors_fade
    colors_fade Posts: 464 Member
    Options
    AraceliNv wrote: »
    I have recently started my journey a few weeks ago and am want to get more knowledgeable on nutrition. I am having a hard time finding a good way to figure out my daily macros . Can anyone recommend a good site or maybe a good book to read that might help me understand a little better :) Thank you and have an amazing day

I've heard good things about about Chris Aceto's book.
  • courtneyfabulous
    courtneyfabulous Posts: 1,863 Member
    Options
    Just get enough protein and eat within your calorie goal.
  • kshatriyo
    kshatriyo Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    OK, I am on ketogenic and this was also a problem for me. Protein and carbohydrates both contain 4 calories per gram, while fat provides 9 calories per gram. So, for example, my goal is to stay under 40 carbs per day, 70 grams of protein per day, and be at 1400-1600 calories per day. From that I calculated my remaining calories as fat, Etc.
  • bga84
    bga84 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Have you tried http://ketodietapp.com/Blog/page/KetoDiet-Buddy
    I've recently started the LCHF lifestyle & found it useful