Slimfast

Options
Hi is anyone doing slimfast if so please feel free to add me as a friend I could do with some motivation and some slimfast buddies please feel free to still add me even if your not doing slimfast :)

Replies

• mrsld
    mrsld Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    How are you getting on? Thinking of starting.
  • mysteps2beauty
    mysteps2beauty Posts: 493 Member
    Options
    TeaBea wrote: »
    This is a website where users measure & log food. SlimFast is a plan designed for you to skip most of that. So don't expect much support here.

I did SlimFast years ago. A lot of calories were wasted on something that was not filling (sugar). I lost weight, but of course regained it when I stopped SlimFast, because meal replacement shakes taught me nothing.

We need to figure out what we are doing wrong, we need to figure out why we are fat. SlimFast is just a method to reduce calories.....but we can do that with REAL food. Measure & logging real food shows us our errors.

At first, all I wanted to do was get this weight off.

When I lost 40 lbs on Weight Watchers, 10 years ago, it was the first time I had ever dieted, and so I was very disciplined. Then having reached goal, I relaxed. Pretty much day one of maintenance, was day one gaining back all 40, plus the extra 50. I never learned maintenance. I never learned how to enjoy my fun foods, in moderation, cause all I pretty much ate was salad, and a frozen meal for lunch and dinner, and Kashi Go Lean crunch for breakfast. So, on day one of maintenance I had a bite of something from heaven (Popeye's Chicken), and I could not stop, didn't want to stop and go back to salads and frozen food.

Now, I'm learning how to incorporate fun food with my calorie goal food. I still eat salad, but everything else is not from a box or a frozen entree. I have a [pizza sometimes, chinese food, and mexican food, just in moderation and if I earned the calories by saving or using my exercise calories. I have wine, cheese on occasion, pasta, every so often, etc. I'm learning portion control. And that I don't have to kill myself in the gym to lose weight....walking and some kettlebell training is enough for me. The weight is coming off slowly but surely, managing my diet if I gain anything. I'm learning how to do what I need to for the rest of my life.