New foods needed...

Options
I desperately need some food ideas. I am getting sick of what I have been eating over and over. Anyone have new ideas for yummy lunches and dinners to eat?

Replies

• emccand
    emccand Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    What do you usually eat?
  • rcrews4
    rcrews4 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    If you are looking for easy and yummy low carb ideas check out http://www.genaw.com/lowcarb/
    She has some reeeeallly good stuff on there! Enjoy
  • MrsZMartin
    MrsZMartin Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    Try Cooking Light Magazine. I find lots of delicious recipes there! Also, stir fry, chicken fried brown rice, parmesan tilapia, spaghetti with finely chopped spinach in the sauce, mini pizzas (on whole wheat sandwich rounds or english muffins), chicken enchiladas. There are tons of options! Think of your favorite foods that you used to eat, then recipe search them on www.sparkpeople.com or allrecipes.com. Most of your faves can be made to fit into a healthy lifestyle.

Good luck!
  • ltlemermaid
    ltlemermaid Posts: 637 Member
    Options
    Not sure what you currently eat since I can't see your food diary but here is what I usually have:

LUNCH: (I alternate these in with dinner left overs)
    Tuna Salad: Tuna in water packet drained, Kraft garlic mayo (2tbs = 80cals), dill relish, you can also try it with salsa and add celerty to it.

Turkey Wrap or sandwich
    Tomato sandwhich
    Fruits-apples, oranges, berries etc (at least 1 with most lunches)
    veggies with hummus: carrots and zucchini
    tomato, cucumber feta salad
    couscous salad with veggies

DINNER: (ideas to mix and match from)
    Chicken sausages
    Sweet potatos
    spinach salad
    Grilled tilapa
    Grilled Chicken or chicken kabobs
    Ground turkey burgers
    Ground turkey tacos
    Chicken fajitas
    Quinoa mix as a side
    Spaghetti squash with feta,pasta sauce (red) and veggies
    Pizza (in moderation)
    regular spaghetti
    pasta side (in moderation)
    Corn/black beans mix with salsa
    brown rice with veggies
    Chicken or shrimp stir fry
  • melsinct
    melsinct Posts: 3,512 Member
    Options
    Feel free to browse my diary, it is open. I usually get healthy meal inspiration from the different recipe collections at EatingWell.com
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    Google 'healthy recipes". You'll get more than you could possibly eat in a lifetime. Find some recipes or sites you like and save them.
  • knowwhentoshutup
    knowwhentoshutup Posts: 318 Member
    Options
    Not sure what you like to eat - but here are some of my stand-bys:

Grilled Chicken BLT's - I use boneless skinless chicken tenders, with Extra Crispy Turkey Bacon (Butterball) on a toasted whole wheat pita (I usually only eat one half.)

BBQ Pizza - BBQ is a fave in our house - and we always have leftovers, but this is done with plain grilled chicken. Take your crust (we use whatever we have on hand - english muffins, tortilla's, french bread, etc.) and toast it until just crisp in the oven or on the grill. Then add a light layer of bbq sauce (Sweet Baby Ray's is our fave), in a small saute pan, we saute onion until caramelized, then layer it on the bbq sauce, add chicken and mushrooms (and other veggies that you like) and a small amount of cheese on the top (we use mozzarella) and bake until cheese is melted.

Salmon on the grill - we like to buy a large salmon filet and put it in a foil pack to grill. To season we add a little bit of olive oil over the fish, old bay seasoning and some dill. Close the foil pack and grill until done (the fish will flake easily).

Super Baked Potatoes - We like potatoes in our house, because they are inexpensive and fairly healthy. Our favorite way to enjoy them is to bake them in the oven for 1-2 hours. It takes some time, but it is sooo worth it. Scrub the skin clean and place on a foil lined baking sheet. Then, rub a little bit of olive oil on all sides, and season with your favorite seasoning (we like garlic salt, sea salt, mrs. dash, burger seasoning, etc.) Then bake at 300 degrees for up to 2 hours. They are cooked at around 1 hour, but if you let them go the extra hour, the insides get even more nutty and the skin crisps up so deliciously. We typically serve them as a Baked Potato Bar - with toppings like broccoli and cauliflower, vegetarian chili, fat free sour cream, salsa, etc.

Turkey Pot-Pie - this is a variation of my mom's classic comfort food. Take a pre-made pie crust, and put in pie plate. Then layer rotisserie chicken or some baked turkey, a bag of mixed veggies (we like the green beans, corn, carrot and pea mix) then cut two baked potatoes up for the top. Pour over a jar of Heinz fat free gravy (roasted turkey is good) and bake for 30-45 minutes at 350 degrees. Delicious!

Eggplant Lasagna - Cut eggplant into thick slices and grill with some olive oil. Once cooked, place one layer in a 13x9 pan. Then layer spaghetti sauce, cottage cheese/ricotta and eggplant (and any other veggies of your choosing - we like zucchini and mushrooms). Once you fill the pan, top with Mozzarella Cheese for a little bit more creaminess. We have found that it is a little big lighter if we use cottage cheese in the layers and Mozz. Cheese on top - but you can make it however you like.

And my all-time standby is Nacho/Taco Bar. Everyone can make whatever they like with the simple ingredients of lean ground turkey or beef with taco seasoning, fat free re-fried beans, salsa, lettuce, tomato, green onion, etc.

I really like the Taste of Home magazines/website - it helps to make sure we don't get stuck in a food rut. They have a MenuSaver newsletter that helps and great healthy recipe ideas. I also like Veggie Venture - one of my fave lunches is from there - green beans, cottage cheese and any veggies of my choice.
  • RaeannePemberton
    RaeannePemberton Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    i am all about easy.

oatmeal - add ingredients as you wish - my fave is cocoa, sweetener, cinnamon... yum

easy romaine salad with lots of great veggies, or even berries... and chicken (fajita pre packaged)

i frequently drink shakeology for an easy and yummy meal.

any veggie w/lean meat stirfry with a quinoa base
  • reesepieces
    reesepieces Posts: 253 Member
    Options
    Wow! Everyone on MFP is so amazing! Thanks so much!