Alternative to Ice Cream... sounds yummy

Options
ColeenSanLeon
ColeenSanLeon Posts: 53 Member
I just read this on Yahoo and had to share. i will be buying banas tomorrow to try this out!

The article was "How to Overcome 10 Big Bad Habits"

Ice Cream was #4 -- There are certain situations that require ice cream. A bad break-up. Slumber parties. Pregnancy food binges. Otherwise, try this instead: Freeze an unpeeled banana, then thaw it slightly and mash. Mix in some roasted cashews (no salt) and a light dusting of shaved chocolate. It's cold, slightly creamy, and totally delightful!

Has anyone ever tried it?

Replies

• ColeenSanLeon
    Options
    I just read this on Yahoo and had to share. i will be buying banas tomorrow to try this out!

The article was "How to Overcome 10 Big Bad Habits"

Ice Cream was #4 -- There are certain situations that require ice cream. A bad break-up. Slumber parties. Pregnancy food binges. Otherwise, try this instead: Freeze an unpeeled banana, then thaw it slightly and mash. Mix in some roasted cashews (no salt) and a light dusting of shaved chocolate. It's cold, slightly creamy, and totally delightful!

Has anyone ever tried it?
  • AmyNVegas
    AmyNVegas Posts: 2,215 Member
    Options
    Mmmm don't like cashews but I used to eat frozen bananas at the fair all the time. Course they were dipped in chocolate and rolled in chopped peanuts Yum!!!:bigsmile:

Amy:bigsmile:
    118984.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Food Diary
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 33,997 Member
    Options
    not that exact recipe, but I freeze smashed up bananas in pistachio jello or in yogurt. num.
  • brookefoley
    brookefoley Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    We put our bananas in the freezer all the time, without the peel on. Then we put one in the blender with ice and skim milk and a couple splendas to make a yummy smoothie!
  • Thamber
    Thamber Posts: 194
    Options
    i have never tried that but i love to slice bananas and roll then in mini chocolate chips or dip in melted chocolate and eat them likecandy after they are frozen :)
  • mommachag
    mommachag Posts: 318
    Options
    yes! it's nice but always feels slimy to me as it melts. my son loves it though. dont make the mistake peel the banana first. I actually started making it in the ice cream maker with skim milk and banana and coco powder. it's yummy
  • BrenNew
    BrenNew Posts: 3,420 Member
    Options
    I'd rather have the icecream, since I LOVE icecream more than ANYTHING in this world! My husband thinks HE'S first, but, nope, he comes in second to icecream every time! :laugh:
    One of the things that I discovered since joining MFP is that Edy's slow churned, no sugar added icecream tastes JUST as great as the "real" stuff to me! Soooooo, almost every night, I make sure to save enough numbers to have a cup of my very favorite thing in life! :smile:
    Imagine, eating icecream and STILL losing the weight that you want to! MFP REALLY, REALLY works! :love:
  • ColeenSanLeon
    Options
    OOOHHHH, thanks for all the ideas... hope bananas are on sale tomorrow, now I have alot of things to try!

Thanks everyone!

Mommachag - thanks for the "slimy" heads up, I will keep that in mind...yuck
  • littletiger972000
    Options
    If you don't like cashews try dry roasted peanuts. YUM!
  • wilted6orchid
    wilted6orchid Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    I'd rather have the icecream, since I LOVE icecream more than ANYTHING in this world! My husband thinks HE'S first, but, nope, he comes in second to icecream every time! :laugh:
    One of the things that I discovered since joining MFP is that Edy's slow churned, no sugar added icecream tastes JUST as great as the "real" stuff to me! Soooooo, almost every night, I make sure to save enough numbers to have a cup of my very favorite thing in life! :smile:
    Imagine, eating icecream and STILL losing the weight that you want to! MFP REALLY, REALLY works! :love:

AHH!! I girl after my own heart1:tongue:
  • Pocketangel
    Options
    You can also try this out.. Take your bananna and mash it. Then add a little bit of honey and a couple of tsp. of cocoa to it. It is really really good and honey is a natural sweetner without the sugar added to it.. If anyone tries it, let me know what you think of it!