I feel amazing!!

Options
Went to the gym for the first time in years for a little cardio. It's getting a little chilly outside. After my run me and my friend decided to test our mad on bench to see if we still had "it." My friend went first and he tried to put up 225lbs. As he suspected, he struggled a little and needed my help. I haven't maxed on bench in over 3 years. My all time max was only somewhere around 260 and that was in high school before I had surgery on my wrist. I decided I would try the same weight because we had always been close in strength. To my amazement, I put up 225lbs 3 whole times. Almost as if I hadn't skipped a beat. I have not touched a weight bar in so long and I have just recently started this fitness thing doing push ups and sit ups a month and a half ago. Im so inspired. I thought all this time I would never get back to my glory days. Now I realise this is just the beginning and my glory days haven't even begun.

Replies

• Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    edited November 2016
    Options
    Good for you! :)

Did you go straight into 225lbs from some cardio warm up with no warm up sets?
  • Tonyrebuilt
    Tonyrebuilt Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Sued0nim wrote: »
    Good for you! :)

Did you go straight into 225lbs from some cardio warm up with no warm up sets?

I went straight from cardio and did 1 warm up set of 135. 5 reps
  • canadianlbs
    canadianlbs Posts: 5,199 Member
    Options
    :) it's pretty nice when you discover you're still much stronger than you gave yourself credit for.

now don't forget to stretch or you'll be pterodactyling it tomorrow. and that looks silly no matter how tough someone is. congrats.
  • Tonyrebuilt
    Tonyrebuilt Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Haha! thanks bud