I wanna to lose weight but...

Options
Hello friends,i wanna to lose weight but i dont have any time for exercise,so how i can lose weight?

Replies

• BeastField
    BeastField Posts: 463 Member
    Options
    Eat less, move more. Find time to exercise.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    eat in a calorie deficit
  • mccormf1
    mccormf1 Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    Why don't you have any time?
  • cheezencrackers
    cheezencrackers Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    If you're at work, try to just take 5 minutes to walk around the building. At home watching TV, walk around the house during commercial breaks. Each break is about 5 minutes - you can get about 500 steps in during each commercial break!
  • rontafoya
    rontafoya Posts: 365 Member
    Options
    Accurate calorie counting would be the main thing.
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    eat in a calorie deficit

This. MFP sets you up so you can lose weight without exercise.
  • brettman29
    brettman29 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Follow a diet that fits your goal. As far as exercise I would say think out side the box. Instead of sitting stand. Take the stairs every possible time. If you're watching tv run in place during commercials. Stuff like that make a difference.
  • Meghanebk
    Meghanebk Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    You exercise for fitness, and control calories for weight loss. You don't HAVE to exercise to lose weight. Get a kitchen scale and weigh everything you eat for accuracy when you log it. Don't set your calorie limit too low, or you'll never stick with it.

That said, you may have more time than you think if you break up exercise - park further away from work or errands, walk to the furthest restroom at work, always take stairs instead of an elevator, do some exercises at every commercial break if you are home and watching TV.

Exercise doesn't need to be "take an hour and a half to change, go to the gym, sweat, and shower."
  • ElJefeChief
    ElJefeChief Posts: 650 Member
    Options
    Hello friends,i wanna to lose weight but i dont have any time for exercise,so how i can lose weight?

You don't need to exercise to lose weight (although in my personal experience exercise makes the job easier).

If you "don't have time," you do what I do - set your alarm clock 30 minutes earlier so you can go for a run / walk in the morning. Swear off using elevators or escalators of any kind, ever again. Park your car deliberately at the far side of the parking lot. Use your 15 minute breaks at work to walk around the building instead of sitting in the breakroom. Etc. Everyone can make time for exercise. It just takes creativity and drive.

• crackpotbaby
    crackpotbaby Posts: 1,297 Member
    Options
    Redefine your concept of exercise. Maybe you can't get to a gym but can you take the stairs instead of the lift, park further away from work, do some squats in your kitchen while you're waiting for the kettle to boil, lunges down the halway ... can you do a one minute plank in the morning when you first get up? Hang the laundry rather than putting it through a dryer ... etc.

Can you buy a skipping rope and do a couple of minutes skipping at home? 5 minutes of kettle bell swings at home ....

Also, in saying 'I want to lose weight BUT ...' perhaps you don't want to yet. Maybe you want to be slimmer, lighter, whatever ... but to want to lose weight you need to be able to prioritise the things that will help you do that.