Pancakes

Options
drewdoucette83
drewdoucette83 Posts: 19 Member
Could I make pancakes with 2 eggs and a scoop of whey protein powder?

Replies

• Speziface
    Speziface Posts: 1,687 Member
    Options
    Not really. Pancake batter needs to form gluten so the bubbles from the leavening and cooking have a place to be trapped so the pancake isn't a tortilla. You could, however, whip up a batch with a standard recipe but use bread flour (higher in protein) or whole wheat flour in place of AP flour and replace some of that with the powder.
  • mcraw75
    mcraw75 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    I use the Bisquick mix, but substitute a scoop of protein powder for 1/2 cup of the mix.
  • nikjerles3415
    nikjerles3415 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I do mashed up banana mixed with raw egg ..the batter isnt as thick but it taste yummy when you add some cinnamon
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options
    What's with the whole putting protein in everything...just make a pancake.
  • oldsoul918
    oldsoul918 Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    I have, except it was one egg and two scoops of protein. Then I just mix in a little vanilla or almond extract and some water to get it to the right consistency. I actually got the recipe from someone here. They are denser and not as fluffy as regular pancakes, but that doesn't bother me. I've actually heard you can add cold seltzer water instead of plain water to make them fluffier (the bubbles...air...something, something) but I've never tried it.
  • maeggggan
    maeggggan Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    1 scoop protein, 1 egg, little bit of water and then covered in 2 tbsp. of PB :)
  • Chadxx
    Chadxx Posts: 1,199 Member
    edited November 2016
    Options
    2 scoops vanilla whey
    1.5 cups egg whites
    2 tsp baking powder
    2 tbsp pb2
    2 tbsp coconut flour
    2 tbsp wheat flour

This makes 4 big pancakes that are very filling. Even my wife likes these. I top mine with sugar free syrup. Obviously, you could cut it in half to make 2 large pancakes.
  • Chadxx
    Chadxx Posts: 1,199 Member
    Options
    cwolfman13 wrote: »
    What's with the whole putting protein in everything...just make a pancake.

Aside from helping to meet protein goals, especially for those who lift, if eat regular pancakes, I will be hungry again in no time. If I eat my protein pancakes, I will still be full when lunch time comes around which makes it very easy to enjoy a light sensible lunch.
  • dragon_girl26
    dragon_girl26 Posts: 2,187 Member
    Options
    Or do what I do to get protein - eat pancakes with a side of scrambled eggs and bacon. :smiley:
  • ibboykin
    ibboykin Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    How about regular pancakes and a side of smoothie made with your protein powder?