Numb feet?

Options
2»

Replies

• Jain
    Jain Posts: 861 Member
    Options
    Thank goodness it's not just me! I also get a numb foot (just the one!) when I'm walking. It's been better since I started to wear Keen walking sandals most of the time, but I do get some strange looks wearing them in January!:laugh:
  • bam15
    bam15 Posts: 3
    Options
    It happens to me on the elliptical. I usually go backwards and the tingling goes away. I also wiggle my toes while I am doing this. I just asked someone this question at the gym the other day...
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,049 Member
    Options
    I emailed the sales rep on the elliptical I use because my feet would go numb 20 minutes into the workout.

His suggestion (and it worked for me): you should be lifting your heels off the pedals when on the machine. DON'T keep your feet flat. The motion should be like a natural walking or runnig motion.

Some people have problems due to their height, too. The machines are designed for an averaged size person (I think he said 5'9") - so try different machines and you may find they are more comfortable for you.
  • cmmoreland
    Options
    Thanks for that info! it happened again to me thursday and i was starting to worry!