Chicken ?

Options
Hey im cooking a chicken was woundering what to put with it thats healthy anyone please what to make with the chicken

Replies

• ericwhitt
    ericwhitt Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    What kind of chicken? Are you doing a whole roasted chicken? IF so, roasted veggies and squash/potatoes are a good pairing. If you're doing something like just grilling up a chicken breasts/wings than I like corn on the cob and some sort of rice side dish. Fried chicken you need mashed potatoes and collard greens for that true soul food experience.

Really chicken pairs well with anything. Rice, pasta, noodles, potatoes, veggies, salads... just pick sides that fit your calories and roll with it.
  • ashley_mulvey
    ashley_mulvey Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    Its a whole roasted chicken and ok great thanks alot for that i might just have brocoli as ive went over my limit of fat for day just by eating scrambled egg lol
  • ashley_mulvey
    Options
    I still have 986 calories to go but i cannot do anything about that im on a challenge of no food after 7 pm
  • Gallowmere1984
    Gallowmere1984 Posts: 6,626 Member
    Options
    Personally, I'd just eat the whole chicken and call it a day.
  • CattOfTheGarage
    CattOfTheGarage Posts: 2,750 Member
    Options
    Potatoes and squash is great with chicken, no need to add fat and you could have a lovely portion of that for 986cal. Boiled baby potatoes are lovely with chicken.
  • CattOfTheGarage
    CattOfTheGarage Posts: 2,750 Member
    Options
    Or really any other veg with the potatoes -spinach, broccoli, sweetcorn, whatever
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,867 Member
    edited November 2016
    Options
    I still have 986 calories to go but i cannot do anything about that im on a challenge of no food after 7 pm

Why?

Also, having 1,000 calories left isn't a good thing...
  • sllm1
    sllm1 Posts: 2,114 Member
    Options
    Don't worry much about going over on fat. Just watch your calories.

I like some rice with my chicken.
  • ashley_mulvey
    Options
    cwolfman13 wrote: »

Why?

Also, having 1,000 calories left isn't a good thing...

Because i always eat alot of junk at night and also i had 4 bars of chocolate last night i think i need to eat next to nothing today lol
  • mom22dogs
    mom22dogs Posts: 470 Member
    Options
    Just because you have eaten a bunch of junk food in the evening doesn't mean you can't eat in the evening. Eat your supper later so you aren't tempted to eat the "junk" food. I don't get off work a lot of nights until 7 so I eat maybe 8:30 or 9 pm most nights.
  • Chadxx
    Chadxx Posts: 1,199 Member
    Options
    Roasted asparagus and mushrooms
  • not_my_first_rodeo
    not_my_first_rodeo Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    Roasted vegetables are always nice with roasted chicken. You could also do a salad.
  • jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    Options
    Baked sweet potato!
  • ashley_mulvey
    Options
    mom22dogs wrote: »
    Just because you have eaten a bunch of junk food in the evening doesn't mean you can't eat in the evening. Eat your supper later so you aren't tempted to eat the "junk" food. I don't get off work a lot of nights until 7 so I eat maybe 8:30 or 9 pm most nights.

Its a group off here than im doing the challenge with its for november only no food after 7pm lol
  • ericwhitt
    ericwhitt Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    mom22dogs wrote: »

Its a group off here than im doing the challenge with its for november only no food after 7pm lol

That's a pretty pointless challenge TBH. When you eat has no bearing on your weight or health with maybe the exception of your dental health... Your challenge should just be eat to your goal and not go over... all you're doing is taking on unnecessary restrictions that will ultimately hurt your long term chances of sticking within your goals. If you make it to 8-9pm and have a few hundred calories under your goal, those are the perfect times to reward yourself with a small treat, handful of chips or a piece of candy or something.
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    Options
    Setting aside the fat thing and the timing issue, I have roasted chicken a lot and generally eat some kind of starchy side with it (usually potatoes or sweet potatoes, also roasted), and then whatever vegetables I have on hand and want. Right now I have brussels sprouts, so I'd probably roast some of those, maybe also with some cauliflower or beets or winter squash (as I also have all of those foods). Really, whatever you want and have around works.
  • ashley_mulvey
    Options
    I have heard eating in the night puts more weight on you also i cannot have a treat as ive only just started loosing weight again after eating alot i mean alot of junk food so last thing i need right now it each any more of it just cause i have a few hundred calories left lol and thanks alot
  • ashley_mulvey
    Options
    Your not really meant to eat at night time anyway
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,867 Member
    Options
    I have heard eating in the night puts more weight on you also i cannot have a treat as ive only just started loosing weight again after eating alot i mean alot of junk food so last thing i need right now it each any more of it just cause i have a few hundred calories left lol and thanks alot

This is a myth. You put on weight when you consume energy (calories) beyond what you need to maintain. I eat dinner every night around 8:30/9 PM...I easily lost 40 Lbs and have maintained that for over 3.5 years.

Also, there's a big difference between having a few hundred calories left and 1,000. Your calorie target is already a huge deficit from what you need to maintain...underfeeding like this on a regular basis is a really crappy thing to do to your body.