Any Outlander lovers out there? (book/tv show)

Options
Naptownbabi
Naptownbabi Posts: 256 Member
How are you surviving this Droughtlander?

Me re-reading the series for the 3rd time.

Replies

• AskTracyAnnK28
    AskTracyAnnK28 Posts: 2,834 Member
    Options
    MeganAM89 wrote: »
    I LOVE the tv show. I can't wait for the next season <3

My fiance and I went to the UK earlier this year and after I started watching it we switched our plans up a bit to spend more time in Scotland. It's so beautiful.

(Also, while Sam Heughan is obviously extremely good looking, Tobias Menzies is *kitten* sexy with that voice of his).

@MeganAM89 He replied to my tweet 2 years ago. I've been planning our wedding ever since.
  • Riffraft1960
    Riffraft1960 Posts: 1,984 Member
    Options
    Read the first book, never seen the TV show. The book was ok, I got the second book, but just couldn't bring myself to read it.
  • mspris2u
    mspris2u Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    I LOVE Highlander!!! Been reading the books for years and have hardback and Kindle copies. I stalk Diana Gabaldon on FB too lol I've even got my husband watching the show....
  • CrescentVolf
    CrescentVolf Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    Omg I am borderline obsessed... I don't have Showtime so have been trying to finish the second season every time I visit my mother in law! I'm on the third book right now. Here is a pic of me in the Outlander cape I recently got from Torrid!!!! Its lined with the Fraser tartan <3 wanted to buy the whole line but can't afford it so got my favorite piece...was gonna get the dress too but I think it's sold out :(

7qh2u0oisn7x.jpg

• Naptownbabi
    Options
    Omg I am borderline obsessed... I don't have Showtime so have been trying to finish the second season every time I visit my mother in law! I'm on the third book right now. Here is a pic of me in the Outlander cape I recently got from Torrid!!!! Its lined with the Fraser tartan <3 wanted to buy the whole line but can't afford it so got my favorite piece...was gonna get the dress too but I think it's sold out :(

7qh2u0oisn7x.jpg

I just bought 2 coats from the Outlander collection. Both on sale, it sucks they aren't going to restock any of the dresses or skirts
  • Karen_DisneyFan
    Karen_DisneyFan Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    I LOVE Outlander - books and series. I had a "summer of Gabaldon" about 10 years ago and read the 1st five books. The 6th book, A Breath of Snow and Ashes came out about a month after I finished The Fiery Cross. Now waiting for a new book is really Droughtlander, lol. It seemed to take f_o_r_e_v_e_r between book 7, An Echo in the Bone and the latest book, Written in My Own Hearts Blood (aka MOBY).

As far as the series I love Sam & Cait as Jamie & Claire. It took me a bit of getting used to Cait since she looks so different than Claire is described in the books, but I love her acting and she has become Claire to me! I can't wait to see what they do with season 3, Voyager. Book 3 is my absolute favorite and sooo much happens - plus Jamie & Claire are reunited after 20 years apart <sigh> <3
  • AskTracyAnnK28
    AskTracyAnnK28 Posts: 2,834 Member
    Options
    Hot Topic is selling an Outlander clothing line :)
  • Naptownbabi
    Options
    I LOVE Outlander - books and series. I had a "summer of Gabaldon" about 10 years ago and read the 1st five books. The 6th book, A Breath of Snow and Ashes came out about a month after I finished The Fiery Cross. Now waiting for a new book is really Droughtlander, lol. It seemed to take f_o_r_e_v_e_r between book 7, An Echo in the Bone and the latest book, Written in My Own Hearts Blood (aka MOBY).

As far as the series I love Sam & Cait as Jamie & Claire. It took me a bit of getting used to Cait since she looks so different than Claire is described in the books, but I love her acting and she has become Claire to me! I can't wait to see what they do with season 3, Voyager. Book 3 is my absolute favorite and sooo much happens - plus Jamie & Claire are reunited after 20 years apart <sigh> <3

I Love Sam and Cait, I just cannot get with the actress that plays Bree. not what I pictured at all. While reading I always pictured Merida from Brave with a boston accent. But I am loving the cast for grown up Fergus, Lord John Grey and Ian.

I think Ian is my favorite character from the books.
  • Karen_DisneyFan
    edited November 2016
    Options
    "I Love Sam and Cait, I just cannot get with the actress that plays Bree. not what I pictured at all. While reading I always pictured Merida from Brave with a boston accent. But I am loving the cast for grown up Fergus, Lord John Grey and Ian.
    I think Ian is my favorite character from the books."

I'm willing to give Bree a chance. I thought she did very well portraying a spoiled 19 year old only child whose life has just been turned upside down. I'm not sure how I feel about her brown eyes with 2 blue-eyed parents, but oh well...

I also like the casting for adult Fergus and Lord John Grey. Young Ian is also one of my favorite characters and I think the actor they chose for him looks the part.
  • amyk0202
    amyk0202 Posts: 667 Member
    Options
    I love the books. I used to re-read them all every time a new one came out. I haven't watched the show. It may be good, but I don't want to mess with my mental images of the characters.
  • Naptownbabi
    Options
    amyk0202 wrote: »
    I love the books. I used to re-read them all every time a new one came out. I haven't watched the show. It may be good, but I don't want to mess with my mental images of the characters.
    I think they cast the show really well (except for Bree ugh) but the others have become the characters to me. I did start watching the show(1st half of season 1) before reading the books, but by the time the second half of season 1 came out I finished the series, and the latter characters are pretty spot on.

Waiting for this next book is killing me though.

What do you all think about book 10 maybe being the last book?
  • Karen_DisneyFan
    Options
    I hate the thought that book 10 will be the end of Jamie & Claire's story. But, Diana is 64 years old at this point and it takes her at least 3 years (usually 4-5) to write one of the big books. If we don't have book 9 until 2018, that would be 2021 or 2022 for book 10... She will be 70 years old and while she is the picture of health right now and doesn't look anywhere near her age, ya just never know :(
  • Lallylass
    Lallylass Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    I love the show and the books, I am in the middle of the sixth one. Jamie = heaven!!!
  • cerise_noir
    cerise_noir Posts: 5,468 Member
    Options
    Me! Me!

I've read the book serious a buttload of times and am about to start watching the TV series. What I enjoyed about the book series is how well the characters images are portrayed and how in-depth the stories are. Historically accurate as well.

I even got one of my novels signed by Diana! :)
  • lenalovestofish
    lenalovestofish Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    have not read books but I love the show!