Zig Zag!!

Options
AM I the only male who loses 3 and gains 2 the next week. I have no doubt this is not uncommon but my track record is consistant!!

Other experiences??

Replies

• 1luckygal
    1luckygal Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    AM I the only male who loses 3 and gains 2 the next week. I have no doubt this is not uncommon but my track record is consistant!!

Other experiences??

I'm not a male - but I definitely experience this flux. SO frustrating! I'll be down 4-5 lbs one week and go back up 3-5 the next. UGH.
  • vinniesooner
    vinniesooner Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    Is it muscle that you're adding though? Working out?
  • lalalalyndsey
    Options
    YES! Except I have been gaining the same amount that I lose so I just hover at the same weight.... haven't even wanted to log my loses in fear that it's just going to come back. And surely it always does! Ugh... I have been at this weight FOREVER!!!! DD:
  • pratkovic
    pratkovic Posts: 55
    Options
    Yes it could very much be some muscle weight because I do lift 3-4 times a week; but I also box 2 times a week and burn some seriuos cals. I do realize muscle weighs more than fat......but not at this rate. As long as I continue to lose I am ok but I am more interested to see what causes this. Water, fat, muscle, etc
  • StacyFrisbie
    StacyFrisbie Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    4 times a week is a lot of lifting. Your muscles swell when lifting. Chances are, though you're losing, the weeks that you're lifting that often, you're going to hold extra water due to inflammation. Also, if you're not getting enough water, everything slows down on the way out! Just a few thoughts from Nurse Stacy :-)