OA?

Options
Has anyone found success with OA? I'm thinking about going to a meeting this week eventhough I don't really consider myself a typical overeater. Any comments are appreciated.

Replies

• karenkwalker
    karenkwalker Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    I haven't attended an overeaters anon. group but I have led an emotional eaters group. Sometimes it is helpful to be with like people who are struggling with similar issues. Sometimes they are motivating and sometimes not. You might just give it a try for a couple of weeks (more than once - since the first meeting is so awkward) often it takes a few weeks before you really feel comfortable and begin to get something out of it. Sometimes it just helps make you accountable for your healthy eating - like this site does. Good luck to you.
  • pauljsolie
    pauljsolie Posts: 1,024 Member
    Options
    I'd give it a try. I guess I don't know what a "typical" overeater is. The goal of OA I would imagine is the same as any other 12 step program, eating is your solution to something more than just hunger. Once the eating is taken away as your solution, you have to replace it with something else, like meetings and working with others.
  • jennro7781
    jennro7781 Posts: 208
    Options
    bump