kashi

Options
omid990
omid990 Posts: 785 Member
if you haven't tried kashi products yet, i would highly recommend them. they're a bit pricier but totally worth it. the heart to heart cereal is only 170 calories (the to-go container) with 6g protein and 6g fiber.
the TLC dark chocolate cherry is 20 calories less than the fiber one chocolate and oats plus with 5g protein and 4g fiber.
i think the products are definitely worth the extra few bucks.

Replies

• omid990
    Options
    if you haven't tried kashi products yet, i would highly recommend them. they're a bit pricier but totally worth it. the heart to heart cereal is only 170 calories (the to-go container) with 6g protein and 6g fiber.
    the TLC dark chocolate cherry is 20 calories less than the fiber one chocolate and oats plus with 5g protein and 4g fiber.
    i think the products are definitely worth the extra few bucks.
  • Wolfena
    Wolfena Posts: 1,570 Member
    Options
    I've always loved Kashi products but found a new one (new for me, anyway)

It's the dark chocolate coconut bar - with just 120 calories, it's a granola bar that is dark chocolate iced and topped with walnuts and shredded coconut - it has 4 grams of protein, 4 grams of fiber and only 4 grams of fat.

Very yummy :tongue:
  • stevieg_fan
    Options
    is that coconut bar a kashi product? I love Kashi and I love coconut - but have never seen that flavor - need to find it!
  • weissjoel82
    weissjoel82 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    kind of high in sugar, but better than other packaged products I spose, and tasty.
  • omid990
    Options
    that sounds yummy. i'll definitely need to look into that
  • Wolfena
    Wolfena Posts: 1,570 Member
    Options
    is that coconut bar a kashi product? I love Kashi and I love coconut - but have never seen that flavor - need to find it!

Yes - it is Kashi

http://www.kashi.com/products/tlc_fruit_grain_bars_dark_chocolate_coconut
  • jessmomof3
    jessmomof3 Posts: 4,590 Member
    Options
    I love Kashi! My new favorite (and my kids fav!) is the Honey Sunshine cereal. It's really yummy! (3/4 c. has 100 cals and 6g fiber!).
  • Phoenixflame
    Phoenixflame Posts: 560 Member
    Options
    I LOVE Kashi. They rock my world. Kashi GoLean cereal is awesome.

Annnnd they send me free stuff, since I signed up on their website. I just got their Soft-Bake cereal bar. Haven't tried it yet, but it looks yummy.
  • MisoSoup79
    Options
    Yes, Heart to Heart cereal is my favorite! Oddly enough, I'd never heard of it until I stumbled upon it in the chow hall while deployed in Afghanistan. It became my staple for breakfast, as it's very packed with nutrients and so tasty!!

Somewhere I read that cereal is one of the only processed true "superfoods." Whole grain cereals are well balanced and most have added vitamins and minerals. Kashi is a great example of that!
  • astridfeline
    astridfeline Posts: 1,200 Member
    Options
    I really like the GoLean cereal, I eat it several times a week. :heart: :heart:
    I bought the vanilla instant oatmeal and hated it though--both the taste and texture--what a disappointment :sick:
  • 3cats75006
    Options
    and they also have pumpkin pie one that is iced with pumpkin and pecans, its my favorite.
  • jessmomof3
    jessmomof3 Posts: 4,590 Member
    Options
    And forgot to mention that Kashi has protein powder now too!!! I've tried the vanilla and it is good! :bigsmile:
  • Dragonfly11
    Dragonfly11 Posts: 672 Member
    Options
    Hey All,
    Kashi rocks !
    love the cereal
    I keep the go lean crunchy bars in my desk at work for when I get the need
    current favs
    cinamon cofffee cakes ****yumm!!***
    chocolate caramel
    chocolate almond

Their pizza is fantastic!! It actually tastes good - sesame crust, gorgonzola cheese, lots of fiber reasonable fat, 290 cals for 1/3 of the pie.

haven't tried the cereal yet but you all are very persuasive ~ will nix the oatmeal though!

• Dragonfly11
    Dragonfly11 Posts: 672 Member
    Options
    Hey All,
    Kashi rocks !
    love the cereal
    I keep the go lean crunchy bars in my desk at work for when I get the need
    current favs
    cinamon cofffee cakes ****yumm!!***
    chocolate caramel
    chocolate almond

Their pizza is fantastic!! It actually tastes good - sesame crust, gorgonzola cheese, lots of fiber reasonable fat, 290 cals for 1/3 of the pie.

haven't tried the cereal yet but you all are very persuasive ~ will nix the oatmeal though!

meant cereal bars --- go lean crunchy , oops!:laugh: