What saves you from a relapse?

Options
13»

Replies

• RoxieDawn
    RoxieDawn Posts: 15,488 Member
    edited November 2016
    Options
    My saying is "I will not derail progress".. I have to tell my self that I have come too far to go back..

So once you get into your grove in the weight loss process, your results are your motivator, your decisions either keep moving forward or has the potential to derail all things..

Never an emotional eater, but did have a "hand to mouth with food problem" that was something I did often in a high stress job, and bring the job home, compounds all. eta: I have a different job now. :)
  • Gallowmere1984
    Gallowmere1984 Posts: 6,626 Member
    Options
    also keep looking like the perfect human keeps me from relapsing on Count Chocula (hes pure marshmellowy choco evil!) lol

I don't think the "perfect human" really exists :) There is beauty in every body :)

No, I am pretty sure that pure ugly exists. Walk around your local Walmart long enough for confirmation.
  • warcup666
    warcup666 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    Carchick94 wrote: »
    Hello, I am an emotional eater and every not so great day that I have, I want to eat. In that very moment, I get this 'screw it' attitude. This is what has always put my weight loss goals to a hault. I'm stubborn and I tell myself I deserve this damn cupcake cause I had a terrible day and in that moment stop caring all together. When you get this way, what stops you? How does the angel on your right shoulder tell the devil on your left shoulder no?

Hello!! I know exactly what you mean, if iv had a rubbish day at work I eat crap, it makes you feel better for that split second then ya feel worse for eating it lol. Don't be grudge yaself stuff, if you want a cupcake have one , ya only live once, just don't go overboard or go for a walk /run to burn off.
    Or try having a good drink of water, ya body often gets confused between hunger and thirst, fill up on water instead.
    Hope this helps, keep smiling and stay positive X
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    Options
    finiss wrote: »
    Read "Brain Over Binge". it will free you from that voice that keeps saying: " Go ahead, you deserve it."

Or Beck's Diet Solution.

Or just find a way to make small eating decisions matter to overall goals. I think the hardest thing about dieting or weight maintenance is just that people in general are often bad about weighing short term vs. long term benefits, especially when the long term one is made up of lots of little tiny decisions that seem individually insignificant.
  • Lounmoun
    Lounmoun Posts: 8,426 Member
    Options
    When I have a bad day maybe I buy a new book and escape for awhile. Maybe I soak in a warm bath. I listen to music and sing along. When I am stressed out I often start cleaning or pacing. Maybe I meditate for 10-20 minutes or just talk about my problems with my spouse. Sometimes I just scream once and then I feel better because I let it out.
    If a cupcake doesn't take me over maintenance level it is fine to have the cupcake too.
  • suzeqnu
    suzeqnu Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I have the same issue. These comments have been very helpful!
  • 777Gemma888
    777Gemma888 Posts: 9,578 Member
    Options
    Look at yourself in the mirror. Seriously, it works.

Take that cupcake infront of a mirror [full length] and watch yourself, as you eat it. Set it to memory for future reference.

When another bout of your need to "treat" yourself looms, mirror + set up your camera.

Be accountable to yourself.
  • JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,182 Member
    Options
    On the occasions when I've felt that I was in danger of that 'screw it' attitude after eating all my planned food for that time period, I found that engaging in physical activity or exercise let me get that thought out of my head and bank a few calories if I still felt a need to over-eat. Indeed, the danger passed.