Jeans!

Options
edena001
edena001 Posts: 137 Member
This isn't a specifically because of weight loss problem but at university I have no tumble dryer. I usually wash my jeans and then tumble dry them which tightens the waist and thighs up a bit, so they fit perfectly. But without my dryer I can't 'shrink' them. Any suggestions of way to shrink my jeans? I don't mind if it's a temporary solution just any solution is good!
(Note: I don't fit into the size down from these so I can't just get smaller jeans)

Replies

• AllOutof_Bubblegum
    AllOutof_Bubblegum Posts: 3,646 Member
    Options
    Buy jeans with a higher elastic content in the fabric. No need to shrink them, then.
  • crackpotbaby
    crackpotbaby Posts: 1,297 Member
    Options
    Put them in hot water then wring and hang while still hot. As the cotton fibres cool they should tighten up the weave.

According to myth busters. Have not tested this myself.
  • edena001
    Options
    Buy jeans with a higher elastic content in the fabric. No need to shrink them, then.

These are elastic ! As elastic as they get without being jeggings. But obviously I stretch them when wearing them
  • edena001
    Options
    lizery wrote: »
    Put them in hot water then wring and hang while still hot. As the cotton fibres cool they should tighten up the weave.

According to myth busters. Have not tested this myself.

They come out of the washing hot? But thanks for the suggestion :)
  • meritage4
    meritage4 Posts: 1,441 Member
    Options
    use a blow dryer on them when still damp.
  • PennWalker
    PennWalker Posts: 554 Member
    Options
    edena001 wrote: »
    This isn't a specifically because of weight loss problem but at university I have no tumble dryer. I usually wash my jeans and then tumble dry them which tightens the waist and thighs up a bit, so they fit perfectly. But without my dryer I can't 'shrink' them. Any suggestions of way to shrink my jeans? I don't mind if it's a temporary solution just any solution is good!
    (Note: I don't fit into the size down from these so I can't just get smaller jeans)

How do the other students dry their clothes?

Can you find a decent public laundromat and run them through a dryer?