need more protein!

Options
How do I get more protein without a lot of calories/fat and low carbs??? Im already doing a protein shake and today I plan on doing egg whites with an egg and spinach omelet as a snack.

Replies

• leooftheyear
    leooftheyear Posts: 429 Member
    Options
    Try some PB2 added to your shake
  • ryry_
    ryry_ Posts: 4,966 Member
    Options
    On average how many are you getting a day?
  • Spliner1969
    Spliner1969 Posts: 3,233 Member
    Options
    I do a double scoop of whey isolate every morning (to the tune of 60g of protein). I eat a mid-morning snack which is either another scoop of protein or a 30g protein bar. I then make sure my lunch has at least 20g of protein, and my dinner has up to 40-50g. For me, that's the only way I can keep up the protein levels I want. Just be sure to keep your fiber intake and water intake good if you're upping your protein, trust me it'll help.
  • Intentional_Me
    Intentional_Me Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    May I ask why you are cutting out fat & carbs?
  • Chadxx
    Chadxx Posts: 1,199 Member
    Options
    Easy, lean meats.

Chicken, turkey, seafood...
  • sarahsamandpete
    sarahsamandpete Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I like the individual tuna packs. They are about 100 calls and 14 grams protein. I use them on salads. Recommend the sweet and spicy flavor.
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options
    I usually get over 150g of protein everyday. My diary is open if you want to take a look.
  • micayla75
    micayla75 Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    I like the individual tuna packs. They are about 100 calls and 14 grams protein. I use them on salads. Recommend the sweet and spicy flavor.

The starkist Thai tuna is awesome, too!
  • jennybearlv
    jennybearlv Posts: 1,519 Member
    Options
    Lean meats. The only days I hit my protein goals are when I have a half pound of chicken, pork loin, or filet for dinner. Eating beans instead of starches helps too. Greek yogurt is also good protein dense snack or breakfast.
  • janekana
    janekana Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    Protein bars! They're a bit more on the calorie side (100-200 calories) but they do give quite a bit of protein in return (8-10 g). That's quite a lot of protein for me! :)
  • Gallowmere1984
    Gallowmere1984 Posts: 6,626 Member
    Options
    Chicken tenderloin, shrimp, tuna, and swai are my go-tos on my current cut. Casein shakes if I find myself short on time. Just make sure to check the labels on those, because some are loaded with *kitten*.
  • edena001
    edena001 Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    I usually get over 150g of protein everyday. My diary is open if you want to take a look.

No its not
  • Chadxx
    Chadxx Posts: 1,199 Member
    Options
    Chicken tenderloin, shrimp, tuna, and swai are my go-tos on my current cut. Casein shakes if I find myself short on time. Just make sure to check the labels on those, because some are loaded with *kitten*.

This is how it is done.
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options
    edena001 wrote: »

No its not

Yes it is :tongue:
    Are you on your phone @edena001 ? Sometimes peoples diaries are only accessible from a computer for some odd reason.
  • courtneyfabulous
    courtneyfabulous Posts: 1,863 Member
    Options
    Shrimp, another protein shake, white fish, turkey jerkey, beef jerkey, protein bars
  • SusanMFindlay
    SusanMFindlay Posts: 1,804 Member
    Options
    Tuna (or any other meat or fish).

Protein powder (which I can only tolerate mixed with milk or blended with milk and frozen berries).

Protein bars.

Milk and eggs aren't bad sources either.

I'm assuming you're just getting close to your calorie goal and that's why you don't want to spend more calories on fat or carbs?