Whats your favorite Take-Out food that is still healthy?

Options
Help!

BF and I want to stay in Friday night for a change. I finally got him onboard with trying to eat healthy. What do you like to do for take-out? Chinese? Pizza? What are YOUR healthy choices?

I appreciate all your input my friends!!!
Elizabeth

PS - Please don't suggest cooking ourselves... I cook every night and this is my one treat for the week. =)

Replies

• BerryH
    BerryH Posts: 4,698 Member
    Options
    Chicken shish kebab. Only 233 calories on it's own, and still just 323 with pitta bread, salad and chili sauce. Yum!
  • Brownski860
    Brownski860 Posts: 361 Member
    Options
    Berry - I made chicken shish kabobs sunday for dinner and had leftovers monday for dinner also!! LOL
    But thank you! =)

Friday - i'm looking for delivery! LOL
  • beckyinma
    beckyinma Posts: 1,433 Member
    Options
    Thai has lots of veggies. I love it. Korean, there is a tofu dish that we get that is chili peppers, veggies and tofu, not much else. A lot of the authentic asian dishes are low in fat and sodium. It's when you get into the fried stuff, and all the rice that's piled under that you get problems.

Chinese Sichuan hot pot is one of my all time favorites. You get lean meats, fish, shrimp, fish ball, fresh veggies like spinach, watercress zucchini, tofu and cook individual portions right at the table in a chicken broth or spicy broth, and eat it right off the pot... MMMM... we've recently gotten the cook pot and portable stove to do it at home. So good! We are lucky enough to have several great asian stores locally that stock all the uncommon ingredients...
  • Italiana_xx79
    Italiana_xx79 Posts: 593 Member
    Options
    Whenever I am in a bind and I find myself having to stop and get fast food, I always go to McDonalds and order a grilled chicken sandwich with just lettuce and tomato and then just eat it without the roll (I love their grilled chicken!) anyways, they do actually have a few very healthy choices. They have a Southwestern Grilled Chicken salad that is sooooo good and it's huge so I only eat half of it and save the other half for the next day. Plus you get to control what kind and how much dressing you put on it.

Okay,.... now I'm hungry :happy:
  • Sunibc22
    Sunibc22 Posts: 330
    Options
    It's tough to order in healthy! You could try a thin crust veggie pizza? Or stick with the veggie and lean meat dishes if ordering chinese or thai.
  • jenwarship
    jenwarship Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Do you have Vietnamese places around you? If so, how about Pho? Delicious and fun for a date! Ordering in is hard, we sometimes get Pita Pit or other sandwich places (you can control the toppings (i.e. calories) and pita pit has a nice calorie calculator on their website) but that might be kind of boring. Have a nice Friday night!
  • bmw4deb
    bmw4deb Posts: 1,325 Member
    Options
    steamed veggies and chicken without sauce at most
    Chinese restaurants.
  • mikethom
    mikethom Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    Swiss Chalet - they have a bunch of healthy choices!
  • BR1986FB
    BR1986FB Posts: 1,515 Member
    Options
    Not sure if technically "take out" (we rarely eat IN the restaurant) but I like Chipotle's Burrito Bowls. I use strictly the meat (grassfed), fajita veggies/lettuce, a lot of guacamole (healthy fat) and some hot sauce. I don't use a wrap or get the rice with it. Low carb, nice protein/fat and good stuff.
  • nevareg
    nevareg Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    Thin crust pizza!! It's what we do on Fridays :)
  • mpmama2re
    mpmama2re Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    I second vietnamese. you can get fresh spring rolls or chicken pho with all the fresh toppings. they also have grilled lean meats with veggies and steamed rice or rice noodles.
  • Umeboshi
    Umeboshi Posts: 1,637 Member
    Options
    For chinese I recommend steamed tofu and veggies with garlic ginger dumpling sauce on the side. Yummy! It's what I had last time I was craving chinese and I was shocked at how good it was.