17 Day Diet

Options
Has anyone tried the 17 Day Diet they had on DR Phil? What do you think? Much Success?

Replies

• celtictrek
    Options
    I saw this guy on The Doctors. Looks interesting. I'll be eager to here if anyone here has tried it.
  • randisaucier
    randisaucier Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    I tried it faithfully for about 6 weeks and lost 3 pounds. I felt horrible and become so "backed up" that I almost ended up in the ER over it. I know people are having success, however for me it was not good to my body. It did however break me from FAD diets! I have been doing my own thing and eating clean and the weight is coming off!
  • k8edge
    k8edge Posts: 380
    Options
    I've been doing it for almost 10 days now... I have lost 6lbs.

While, not a quick fix I needed something that would smack my plateau in the face. It is working so far... I have reached that TOM and therefore have stalled a bit. I like it... It is very straight forward and easy to stick to. I highly suggest buying the book and reading it cover to cover.
  • CardiacNP
    CardiacNP Posts: 554 Member
    Options
    Don;t know much about it...But any limited days kind of diets in general suck. We need to start thinking longterm as in life time.

We need a lifestyle of healthy eating and exercise. We need to be fit and healthy. Not just a certain weight or a pants size.

By Changing our thoughts ... We change ourselves!!
  • k8edge
    Options
    I tried it faithfully for about 6 weeks and lost 3 pounds. I felt horrible and become so "backed up" that I almost ended up in the ER over it. I know people are having success, however for me it was not good to my body. It did however break me from FAD diets! I have been doing my own thing and eating clean and the weight is coming off!

It is a 17 day diet... Not a 6 week diet...

I do not see how this diet would back you up at all... If you drink lemon water in the morning like the diet suggests and eat your 2 probiotic servings a day. This should not be a problem.

Not to give TMI but I am way more regular now than I was before.
  • onmywaytoskinny155
    onmywaytoskinny155 Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    Don;t know much about it...But any limited days kind of diets in general suck. We need to start thinking longterm as in life time.

We need a lifestyle of healthy eating and exercise. We need to be fit and healthy. Not just a certain weight or a pants size.

By Changing our thoughts ... We change ourselves!!

Agree 100%!
  • PerfectlyImperfectMom
    Options
    I may be wrong here, but I'm pretty sure the 17 day diet is NOT only for 17 days. So, for someone to be on it for 6 weeks is actually the way it is supposed to be. There are 4 cycles, the first 3 cycles are 17 days each and the forth is to maintain by eating a diet during the week, and splurging a little on the weekends. Therefore, even without the maintanence phase, it is LONGER than 6 weeks.
  • randisaucier
    Options

I do not see how this diet would back you up at all... If you drink lemon water in the morning like the diet suggests and eat your 2 probiotic servings a day. This should not be a problem.

17 days between cycles, not 17 days in total. Just because it did not back you up does not mean it did not back me up....
  • randisaucier
    Options
    I may be wrong here, but I'm pretty sure the 17 day diet is NOT only for 17 days. So, for someone to be on it for 6 weeks is actually the way it is supposed to be. There are 4 cycles, the first 3 cycles are 17 days each and the forth is to maintain by eating a diet during the week, and splurging a little on the weekends. Therefore, even without the maintanence phase, it is LONGER than 6 weeks.

Exactly!!!
  • k8edge
    Options

I do not see how this diet would back you up at all... If you drink lemon water in the morning like the diet suggests and eat your 2 probiotic servings a day. This should not be a proble

17 days between cycles, not 17 days in total. Just because it did not back you up does not mean it did not back me up....

I am well aware of the cycles... since I read the book. Just shocked that you only had a 3 lb weight loss.