So I'd just like to say...

Options
I've just been to my first ever fitness class. It was a high intensity 'leg day' circuit training session. I was one of two there and I'd never done all but one of the exercises there.
I was absolutely terrified walking through the door of the gym. I am so determined to change my shape and fitness level I powered through the doors expecting the worst.
It was ok!! 45 minutes of sweating and I feel totally sick right now but I know I'll be going back in the next few days.
I say this to encourage anyone sat thinking 'I should try this.' Definitely try it!! What's the worst that could happen? Think instead about the best that could happen. My legs are pretty tired right now but I feel AMAZING!! Don't put yourself off trying something because you don't feel fit enough :)

Replies

• canadianlbs
    canadianlbs Posts: 5,199 Member
    Options
    :) i felt like that when i got home from the first ever day at my lifting 'club'. i so wished i could just back out of it but just going was easier than facing the 'um er yeah, so i decided . . . ' phone call. it was great.

eat some protein. drink lots of water. do gentle stretches on the muscles that you tired out. i'm saying this because by this time tomorrow you might be pretty sore, and these things can help. wonderful that you had such a great time with it.
  • EmmaMcwhinnie
    EmmaMcwhinnie Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    I was really worried I'd wake up this morning and not be able to move, there's a bit of tightness in my shoulders but that's not too bad, I actually can't wait to go back!!
  • Charis50
    Charis50 Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    That is SO GREAT, Emma! You inspire me.
  • fposte2016
    fposte2016 Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    Love this!
  • AwkwardSprinkle
    AwkwardSprinkle Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Yay Emma! I recently just started taking classes at my gym and now I'm addicted. I was so nervous to go in, everything ever was reeling through my head, "I look ridiculous, I'm the fattest one here, everyone here knows the moves, I'm such an outsider..." I had to stop several times and catch my breath and try not to puke, but everyone was so supportive. It's weird to be noticed like that, like I want to be embarrassed that people noticed me as being heavy and out of shape, but it's also nice to know that those people are there for themselves while also supporting and noticing my weight loss journey. Getting in the door is the HARDEST part of this thing sometimes, so good for you for getting in it!