Cup of Tetley tea, do I add or not?

Options
2»

Replies

• cmacphee3
    cmacphee3 Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    Yes, what they said above. Dietbet is a website/app where you join "bets" and pay money saying you bet you can lose a certain amount in a certain time. 4 week to lose 4% is their kickstarter game, and 6 months to lose 10% is their transformer game. I do from time to time to kickstart me back into doing well if I drift off course a bit (this time it was Thanksgiving related), and I have a strong motivation to win my money back. You don't really make much off the bets as most people seem to end up winning, or Dietbet takes a really large percent or something, but you always get your money back at least if you win. So while trying to lose 4% in 4 weeks I am super careful, otherwise I relax a little because that is the only way I can make sustainable changes for myself.
  • successgal1
    successgal1 Posts: 996 Member
    Options
    I don't add clear unsweetened tea or coffee. I do add milk to my diary, on the breakfast side, to account for the two cups of coffee I'll drink. I use stevia extract to sweeten.
  • siraphine
    siraphine Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    I log everything just because I like to know what I'm eating. If it's 0 calorie and you don't care about macros, it's all a matter of preference.
  • NEOHgirl
    NEOHgirl Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    I track everything, including coffee and herbal teas, because I like being able to backtrack & analyze what might have affected me if I am feeling particularly good or bad. If you aren't focused on overall wellness, but specifically weight, then I wouldn't track the tea, just the add-ins. I would track it as water though (I personally track any non-alcohol beverages as fluid intake), again for analysis reasons later. If you don't track, you won't be able to go back & see if it was a factor over a given time period, if you aren't as successful as you thought you'd be. Ultimately it's a personal preference though.
  • MarziPanda95
    MarziPanda95 Posts: 1,326 Member
    Options
    I take my tea with no milk, and a lot of sugar. I use sweetener these days though. If I ever use sugar (like if I've run out of sweetener) I'll log it - I have milk in Rooibos tea but I don't log that as I only have a teaspoon. Tea itself is just leaf water, so it's like... 2 calories, if that. I don't log it.
  • Tallawah_
    Tallawah_ Posts: 2,469 Member
    Options
    Seems to me there is two questions here...

What if the stats on the packing don't match the database? Sometimes the stats in the database are a little different to what is on the packaging. Unless it's vastly different I wouldn't worry about it and just use the one in the database. If you're really bothered you can submit the packing info to the database but..............

Should I log tea? I drink multiple cups a day with semi-skimmed milk and don't bother...logging isn't that much fun! :wink:
  • MelanieCN77
    MelanieCN77 Posts: 4,047 Member
    Options
    I drink two cups of coffee in the morning, maybe a half teaspoon of sugar and an oz of milk in each, I don't like it all sweet and milky. I don't log it, I deal.