Candy replacement

Options
Do you like peanut butter? I like to cut up an apple and dip in pb. It's tasty and takes time to eat

Replies

• fr33sia12
    fr33sia12 Posts: 1,258 Member
    edited November 2016
    Options
    Nope, I hate peanut butter. I never ate/eat candy (sweets) anyway so don't need a replacement.
  • Cherimoose
    Cherimoose Posts: 5,210 Member
    Options
    fr33sia12 wrote: »
    Nope, I hate peanut butter. I never ate/eat candy (sweets) anyway so don't need a replacement.

No peanut butter, no candy. I bet you don't like bacon either. :D
  • sugarstrawberries
    sugarstrawberries Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    I had an apple with PB last night. I expected to want more but it really satiated me.
  • Shadowmf023
    Shadowmf023 Posts: 812 Member
    Options
    Yeah I like it. But it's no candy replacement for me. If I want something candy-ish I go with honey-coated nuts. Otherwise I just bake or make my own candy and tweak the recipe to my needs.
  • fr33sia12
    fr33sia12 Posts: 1,258 Member
    edited November 2016
    Options
    Cherimoose wrote: »
    fr33sia12 wrote: »

No peanut butter, no candy. I bet you don't like bacon either. :D

I'm sure there's more tasty foods in the world I can enjoy other than peanut butter, candy and bacon
  • salembambi
    salembambi Posts: 5,592 Member
    Options
    Dried fruit and medjool dates are like candy to me now
  • crzycatlady1
    crzycatlady1 Posts: 1,930 Member
    edited November 2016
    Options
    I'm another hater of peanut butter-can't stand it. It's also pretty calorie dense, and very easy to rack up unexpected calories with, so make sure you're accurately measuring out portion sizes.
  • kshatriyo
    kshatriyo Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    Do you like peanut butter? I like to cut up an apple and dip in pb. It's tasty and takes time to eat

While that IS higher in protein and fiber than most candy, at the end of the day, a snack like that is just simply too high in carbs for me and I would have a tendency to over eat something like that. So, I would maybe do a tablespoon of peanut butter late night to fight off cravings.