On the road to a healthier me

Options
66 days ago went to the doctor distraught, pain in my knees unbearable. Unable to walk normally up the stairs or walk normally coming down them. out of breath at the thought of moving. ON the scales the doctor demanded. She asked did I want to know my weight. I answered yes I needed to face my fear. I was the heaviest I've ever been. Today 66 days later I've lost 16lbs I can walk upstairs and down stairs normally. still get pain in my knees due to athritis. I've got 10 stone to lose but my journey has begun xx

Replies

• smkondy
    smkondy Posts: 583 Member
    Options
    You are on the road to healthy!! You can do it!! :)
  • adamantine_lady
    adamantine_lady Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Good luck! You can do this!
  • caroldownie58
    caroldownie58 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Thanks guys. This is not an easy road to be on but with help and inspiration from everyone we can all achieve that goal xx
  • fposte2016
    fposte2016 Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    You did the scary part! And now you're 16lbs out of the hole. You've got the rest!
  • HeaLingPsyChe
    HeaLingPsyChe Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I love that you are empowered <3 Glad that you're feeling better, and congratulations on the loss!
  • forruths
    forruths Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    I was in that position just over a year ago and now 80lb down, active and strong. I still have pain in my knees from arthritis but it doesn't stop me being active. Good luck, take it steady and you can do it!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!