Insanity Question

Options
I'm seriously considering getting the Insanity workout, but I'm in (near-constant) marathon training. Is this an appropriate workout to add to my daily workouts? I typically run 4X week, including 1 speedwork session every other Thursday, and a long run on Sundays, which would be my day off from Insanity.

Good idea, or am I completely nuts??

Replies

• beverlyl64
    beverlyl64 Posts: 381
    Options
    Check out the new Insanity Asylum it's designed for athletes wanting to take it to the next level.
  • ChitownFoodie
    ChitownFoodie Posts: 1,562 Member
    Options
    It'll certainly help your endurance, but I agree Asylum might be better for you.
  • crystalmichelle82
    Options
    I say yes. You can definitely do this. Insanity is for athletes. Insanity Asylum is typically for Insanity graduates.
  • Mills187
    Mills187 Posts: 171
    Options
    I absolutely love insanity, You could definitely if you were dedicated and in good enough shape which from the sounds of it you are, work out 2 times a day you could do insanity and still run I have done that a few times it would just have to be separate times of the day. Insanity will definitely help you with speed though alot of the moves are based around gaining speed and endurance Shaun T was a track star so he incorporates alot of those moves into the workouts. Hope that helps please feel free to add me if you have any more questions!
  • shawn526
    shawn526 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Thanks, everyone! I'm going to give it a shot. Like Mills187 said, I'll be doing two workouts a day on days I run, running in the morning and doing Insanity in the afternoon/evening.

Now I'm looking forward to seeing some good results :)
  • Stooooo
    Stooooo Posts: 1,191 Member
    Options
    Thanks, everyone! I'm going to give it a shot. Like Mills187 said, I'll be doing two workouts a day on days I run, running in the morning and doing Insanity in the afternoon/evening.

Now I'm looking forward to seeing some good results :)

I think doing Insanity will only improve your marathon training. Can't wait to see your results.
  • dawnemjh
    dawnemjh Posts: 1,465 Member
    Options
    Just be careful with it. I did it and after about 6 weeks I developed a crackling in my right knee, which has not gone away, and that was over 3 months ago. I have also done a couple marathons and never had any knee issues even with all that running, but now after Insanity I am crackling and creaking every time I bend my knee/lunge/walk down stairs...( ironically I can still run without any difficulty but the noise is terrible.) I did try glucosamine for a couple months and havent noticed any difference with that...
    Hope this helps!