Homeschooling moms!?

Options
Any homeschool moms out there.? I'm starting kindergarten this year with my 5year old son and a little pre k with my 2 year old. How do you find time for yourself?

Replies

• kuaaina
    kuaaina Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    yes we are homeschooling...I have two boys 4 and 5. I have been working on a schedule and this summer I started implementing that I workout some time between 2:00pm and 3:00pm. The boys can entertain themselves for 30 to 40 min without an issue.

They know that mommy is doing this to be healthy so they understand. It is harder with a two year old, maybe when she naps? Remember Kindergarten is not that difficult and doesn't require too many hours a day.

Yay for homeschooling!!!
  • weallhaveastory
    Options
    Most of the time early morning, LATE night and nap time.
  • linemansgirl
    linemansgirl Posts: 152
    Options
    My kids are 11, 8, 6, 3 & 1. The easiest times for me to workout are during afternoon quiet time, reading time for everyone except for the baby, and in the evening when my hubby is home.
  • homeschoolmama
    homeschoolmama Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I have home schooled my kids from the beginning, and we love it! I have built into our day a "siesta" (we're learning Spanish), where everyone gets 1 hour of personal time. When they were little it included a nap, but now it is just some quiet time for them to do what they want - read, draw, etc.as long as it is a quiet activity. For me, it means my exercise time! Since we started this when they were small (they're 6 & 8 now) they know what the routine is, but it did take some persistence on my part to get the routine established.
    Don't give up, and have a wonderful time with your kids!
  • DyannAlvarez
    DyannAlvarez Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    You probably won't til graduation! But the investment you're making is soooo worth it. I'm a mother of 3, 1 just out of college, 1 about to start college and the precious one that surprised me (he's 13)! Anyway, my point is that I'm sorry I didn't take LESS time for myself and give more to my boys. You'll get tired and frustrated but you'll NEVER regret giving them your everything. God Bless you Sweetie. You're doing the right thing!! :flowerforyou:
  • waterjogger
    waterjogger Posts: 114
    Options
    I'm a homeschooling mom. My oldest will be a senior this year. (I feel really old.) My son is in 9th and my youngest dd is in 5th. We've homeschooled all three of them all the way through. It's not easy to find me time, but early morning, or late night works best. Or I find something we all can do like go to the park, or going swimming. You have to be creative!:laugh:
  • neferstie
    neferstie Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    To be honest, I just started working out this summer and we are doing a really laid back schedule, so I'm not sure where it will fit in the fall. I suppose I will just have to be better about getting up a bit earlier. Right now my kids often watch me work out and we talk about what we need to do to have a healthy body. I've also had them do some yoga with me & we bike together a lot (littlest in the trailer which definitely ups the workout factor for me). I have 3 kids, 8, 5.5 & 3 so I understand having a hard time finding time for yourself (my husband is military and gone for months at a time as well).