I feel like a freak!

Options
Originally I was a 22 pants size perfectly.. Now my hips fit into a 14 but my waist only fits into an 18. I feel so disproportionate!!! Please tell me this will go away with more weight loss!!

Replies

• cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,121 Member
    Options
    Totally normal. Every body is different. Sounds like you have a bit of an apple shape going on. It will get better!
  • abellante_0205
    abellante_0205 Posts: 368 Member
    Options
    it should change! U just have to keep doing more cardio! :)
  • beach_chelle
    beach_chelle Posts: 221
    Options
    I have to imagine it will. first on, last off they say. Also take into account your body type. I have the oppisite problem being an hour glass, where my waist is shrinking dramatically and my butt and hips are going slow. I read somewhere that adding lean muscle mass to those areas might help. so look into strength exercises that focus on your mid section. I hope it works out!
  • YukonJoy
    YukonJoy Posts: 1,279 Member
    Options
    I'm sure that will change. Also are you trying on cheaply made pants or decent pants?
  • WWhitaker
    WWhitaker Posts: 309
    Options
    Maybe try some lunges or squats? Google ways to help reduce fat in certain areas of your body and you're bound to find exercises.
  • Setof2Keys
    Setof2Keys Posts: 681 Member
    Options
    Im that same way and it makes it hard to feel cute. Nothing looks good on and I always look pregnant when Im not. It does come off. I know you can't target your weight loss, but you can tone the area as you continue to do your cardio it will come down. I am working on toning my stomach as well as cardio so when the weight finally comes off it will all come together. Plus a weak core makes it hard on the rest of my body to exercise. Keep at it.
  • VickiMitkins
    VickiMitkins Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    I'm having a similar issue. I have lost more off my hips than my waiste at this point. It's new for me because I always had a small waist in comparison to my hips. At first I lost a lot more in my waist than anywhere else, then all of a sudden I was losing in my hips and thighs. I was thrilled because they are my problem areas. Now I'm like why is my waist not shrinking. I just think our bodies shed fat from different places at different times. I think it will equalize as we get closer to our goals.
  • tgumeebee
    tgumeebee Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    You are not any different then the rest of us. Somewhere along our journey we all run into a body part that is not cooperating as much as the others. We just have to continue "doing our thing" and watch for the change. Good luck in your journey!!
  • dnnmccloud
    dnnmccloud Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    Of course it will, but if you want to help try doing more ab and oblique workouts...you can google some or look on utube!
  • trud72
    trud72 Posts: 1,912 Member
    Options
    hey girls can i just say why are you all moaning????????? unless you have finished your weight losss journeys you will not the proper size you are gonna be...so wait it out!:blushing:
  • Larius
    Larius Posts: 507 Member
    Options
    Maybe try some lunges or squats? Google ways to help reduce fat in certain areas of your body and you're bound to find exercises.

Impossible. Spot reduction is a myth. You burn fat wherever your body feels like burning it from. Just burn fat and be patient. It will go away.
  • mfreeby
    mfreeby Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    Looks like you have a few small children that you had pretty close together - it'll take a while! Be patient!!! :)
  • earthmamany
    Options
    I did not read ALL the answers that came before, but you cannot burn fat in spots. You CAN tone muscle groups though. If your abs and other core muscles need work, start working on them. If they are tight and toned already, just hang tight and keep working toward your goal. Even thin, fit, skinny girls have different shapes. Also if you had a c-section at all, and depending on your pregnancy and all that, your waist may not be as small proportionally to your hips as you would like. Believe me I feel your pain. At one time I lost 50 lbs and I did not drop any pant sizes. Stress hormones direct fat to your middle, so work on stress reduction - yoga, meditation, general cardio, etc. Also, avoid simple sugars in your diet which cause higher insulin response in your body. You'll look and feel better and hopefully see more results around the middle.Good luck, and I'm sending out good vibes in hopes of your success!
    ~Erin
  • Oishii
    Oishii Posts: 2,675 Member
    Options
    I'm in the same position. My waist is now only one size bigger than my hips, rather than two. I never had this problem before having my son though :sad:
  • ShellyLee
    ShellyLee Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    Nope it's normal. I'm an hourglass... which sounds really nice but really sucks sometimes lol. Even at my lowest and a size 8, I still had the gaping at the butt issue because my midsection gets pretty thin, but my hips always stick around so had to buy pants that fit the hips. Although if you've ever watched What Not to Wear... tailoring can do wonders. Find pants that fit your hips and then get them taken it at the waist.