Keto diet.. thumbs up!!!

Options
Hi everyone..
I'm new to this and I'm about to embark on a new weight-loss journey. I've been interested in the ketogenic diet for sometime now because I've come to realize that I'm a carbaholic and sugar addict. YES TOTAL BINGER... NO SELF CONTROL :s
From understanding this I know for me to lose the weight and get healthier I have to cut carbs and sugar out completely...
I'm 310 lbs now... when I started I was 320lbs.. :D .
So I'm here to make friends and support others as well through their fitness goals.

Good luck... add me I'm always open to constructive advice

Replies

• changingleemfp
    changingleemfp Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Congrats on making a decision to be healthier!

I just started Keto on the first. I researched it months prior to starting. There are several subreddits dedicated to it, and I have found them to be very helpful.
  • kterrisa
    kterrisa Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I'm new to this app but have been on the ketogenic diet for about 6 weeks. it's tough, especially at first. Ive not shown any loss really but like I said it was hard. this month i'm taking it more seriously, lol, my cupboards are now bare of most carbs, bad ones anyways. evening binging is the worst.
  • ladipoet
    ladipoet Posts: 4,180 Member
    Options
    Hello and welcome! I suggest you check out the mail low carber daily forum group here in MFP. It's where most of us Ketophiles tend to hang out:

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/discussions/394-low-carber-daily-forum-the-lcd-group
  • Sloth2016
    Sloth2016 Posts: 846 Member
    Options
    Congrats! You did the HARDEST part: You started

Just continue doing what you are doing with the weight loss and come back in a month. Then you can tell us how amazing your life has become. :)
  • fit2benu
    fit2benu Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Hi, congrats on the progress you've made. Definitely, check out the keto groups here and there are some interesting youtubers sharing about their journey.
  • kshatriyo
    kshatriyo Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    I am a serious carb addict. Keto here...sorta. I started on October 1st really serious after many weeks of preparation and was doing great. I started to experiment and that is when I fell off. I am on and off now but still losing weight and watching what I eat. My advice is to go hard for 30 days before you try anything experimenting, prepare meal plans and emergency snacks carefully, and avoid anything that you crave or can't control. I got into swiss miss light for example, and it made me not crave real foods and led to digestion trouble. Oh, also, check out LeAnne Vogel for a more gentle keto approach (which sounds awesome but I just can't seem to do because I like extremes too much). And make sure to be VERY prepared with the recommended supplements it will make a world of difference in avoiding keto flu.
  • LINIA
    LINIA Posts: 1,138 Member
    Options
    WAY 2 GO!!!!! it's a great woe and no hunger!!!!!
  • kellywenham8
    kellywenham8 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Hi! I've done Keto and had success and am about to do it again. Send me a message and we can help and support each other . I've got loads of tips etc I can share

Kelly x
  • Naija82
    Naija82 Posts: 345 Member
    Options
    Hello, welcome!

I've been on a moderate low carb diet for 2 months now, it's great as it helped curb my sugar cravings and I find I'm full at lower calorie amounts than I was when eating higher carbs.
  • SarahKay716
    SarahKay716 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I would love to be friends, starting a keto vegan diet, which has worked in the past. Would love to share food logs, what to do during energy dips, exercise tips, etc!
  • Fasnapattu
    Fasnapattu Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hai , I Just started keto diet , looking for some keto buddy to motivate each other ..TIA
  • caloriecounter770
    Options
    Hi! I'm starting keto also! Feel free to add me :)
  • gillirob
    gillirob Posts: 5 Member
    edited November 2016
    Options
    Keto here, but, I think I'm eating too many calories. I lost 5 lbs, and am stuck. Have been stuck for several weeks now. Not giving up on the keto though. I definitely feel better, even if the weights not coming off. I'm sure it will eventually. Patients is my new best friend.
  • graneydp
    graneydp Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    great resource for the science behind Keto and lots of good recipies. www.dietdoctor.com
  • allsmilez76
    allsmilez76 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I'm just starting Keto too and am looking for some buddies for motivation/support and ideas. Feel free to add me. Good luck!
  • donnawell888
    donnawell888 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I'm new to this site too. My daughter encouraged me to join. I started the Keto diet a week ago, October 31st. I had a lot of success, I shed 14 pounds this past week. That makes me very excited, but I have a ton of weight to lose. I can say that my shoes now actually fit on my feet...crazy huh? I would be happy to friend you on this journey.
  • MayDrums
    MayDrums Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hello :) Im new about keto diet, Im thrilled about that. I've readed about the importance of count your calories and macros in this diet, because in a moment you dont Get lose more pounds... So Im keeping my meals acording with my calories, i feel satisfaced but i dont achieve my calories. :smile: i dont feel like in a diet and this is fantastic
  • liberella
    liberella Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm just starting keto ... for the second time. Got going over the summer and then fell off after a series of cook outs ... and couldn't get back on. But, I loved it! Easy to stay at a good deficit while eating real, satisfying food. Also, such appetite control — I've never felt so in control. I lost 15 lbs. in about 6 weeks, pretty good for a woman over 40 who has a pretty sedentary occupation.

Please add me! I've learned all sorts of tips and tricks and sampled a lot of recipes. I really like all the books by Maria Emmerich and one of my favorite websites is ditchthecarbs.com.

My favorite new item is the One-minute Mug Muffin to keep my fiber intake up, something that I find challenging on keto. http://www.food.com/recipe/one-minute-flax-muffin-low-carb-295649

I would love to have a small community of folks for morale and good ideas.
  • Bigjoeko
    Bigjoeko Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Keto works really well @ the start for me lost 40 pounds and gained all back and some more.I see it work for some people just not for me.