Please Don't Spam Me!!!

Options
Okay folks. I love MFP. A vast majority of my fellow MFP cohorts are great, encouraging and worth their weight in gold. However, I don't accept friend requests expecting to get bombarded with multiple daily posts on why you should be my coach with product ABC. Don't get me wrong. I understand trying to make a buck and using every viable venue to do it (and yes, I know you're trying to help others too), but befriending someone on MFP for no other purpose than to hawk a product is disingenuous at best.

Please don't waste my time.

Replies

• ZebraHead
    ZebraHead Posts: 15,207 Member
    Options
    This behaviour is against MFP site policy and you should report said person/people right away...
  • Heather75
    Heather75 Posts: 3,386 Member
    Options
    This has never happened to me. I feel a bit left out now...
  • FaugHorn
    FaugHorn Posts: 1,060 Member
    Options
    Strange, I've never had anyone spam me before...maybe they know I have $0 :)
  • Setof2Keys
    Setof2Keys Posts: 681 Member
    Options
    agreed...report and knip it in the butt now before it gets out of hand and can't be controlled. I do ask my friend to vote on a project that I am doing, but I post it on my own news feed and allow them to choose to participate.
  • kalelwifey
    kalelwifey Posts: 172
    Options

ahaha me either
  • ohnuts14
    ohnuts14 Posts: 197
    Options
    lol i've never been spammed, this is the first i'm hearing of something like that, but that's not right, definitely report them.
  • kellyscomeback
    kellyscomeback Posts: 1,369 Member
    Options
    I've been getting spammed left and right lately, I think it's because BB has a new promo in place for coaches to win a lot of money.
  • tgumeebee
    tgumeebee Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    I am very thankful I have not been getting them. I get enough spam in my emails...LOL
  • luvmy2babies
    luvmy2babies Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    Strange, I've never had anyone spam me before...maybe they know I have $0 :)
    LOL, My thoughts exactly
  • skinnywithin
    skinnywithin Posts: 1,392 Member
    Options
    WHAT !!!!!!!! this is happening on MFP...now way
  • kellyscomeback
    kellyscomeback Posts: 1,369 Member
    Options
    I have a few messages to report, who are the moderators that I should forward the messages to?
  • ZebraHead
    Options
    I have a few messages to report, who are the moderators that I should forward the messages to?

List of moderators:
    SHBoss1673
    catcrazy
    ms_natalie
    MCDerin
    Nigel99
    arewethereyet
    stormieweather
    ladyhawk00

Also if it is in a forum post you can use the 'REPORT button near the bottome of the post
  • MissO﹠A
    MissO﹠A Posts: 906 Member
    Options

*sigh* Me too. Where's our Shakeology stalkers?
  • Becca_007
    Becca_007 Posts: 596 Member
    Options
    Okay folks. I love MFP. A vast majority of my fellow MFP cohorts are great, encouraging and worth their weight in gold. However, I don't accept friend requests expecting to get bombarded with multiple daily posts on why you should be my coach with product ABC. Don't get me wrong. I understand trying to make a buck and using every viable venue to do it (and yes, I know you're trying to help others too), but befriending someone on MFP for no other purpose than to hawk a product is disingenuous at best.

Please don't waste my time.
    I've been getting spammed left and right lately, I think it's because BB has a new promo in place for coaches to win a lot of money.
    This has been happening to myself and a number of friends on here recently as well. I'm sorry you're also having to deal with this from the BB coaches.

Don't know if they are new ones that don't know that it's not appreciated & not acceptable on MFP or what the deal is. There were several familiar names and after checking the join date they certainly can't all hide behind the "I'm new, I didn't know!" reasoning.

Hope something is done about this & soon, we can only do so much on our side!

Thanks for posting this, we no longer feel quite so alone in having to deal with this.:noway:
    Seems part of the issue is new accounts are being created, no profile is in place or the person does not have their profile visible. (my spamming is coming in the form of friend requests that have the links etc. as the message, obviously I'm not accepting them but it's still a pain)

I'm no longer adding friends currently for this particular reason. I like to have a tight knit group of close friends on my list and Spammers are not what I'd call close friends. :grumble: :tongue:

ETA: Just now caught the other comment above, yes I was wondering if there's a contest/promo going on as it's fast and furious Spamming big time! I agree, I get way too much crap in my email box to have to deal with it here as well.:yawn: :mad:
  • OneBryteSmile
    OneBryteSmile Posts: 808 Member
    Options
    I got a strange friend request out of the blue from someone named "ricci32" and the message just said to check out her youtube page and it had a link. I didn't click it and I declined the request. That was a bit annoying to say the least.
  • ZebraHead
    Options
    <~~More of 'shakeweight' stalker.. :laugh: :devil: :laugh:
  • Becca_007
    Becca_007 Posts: 596 Member
    Options
    <~~More of 'shakeweight' stalker.. :laugh: :devil: :laugh:
    :tongue: :glasses: