Finally got strong motivation, can I do it?

Options
I have been exercising at home and eating healthy but the problem is - NOT consistently.
So far I've lost ~8 pounds, but I've remained stuck at 132 pounds for months.
Now I finally have really strong motivation to remain consistent for 3 months.

I'm not aiming too high, I'd like to lose 8.8 pounds (4kg) in this amount of time. Can I do it healthily? I know that starvation won't do me any good and the weight will just bounce right back. I want to do it right. I just have to not exaggerate on sweets and continue exercising.
But how much should I exercise?
What can I realistically accomplish in 3 months?

Thank you!

Replies

• 19Johnny92
    19Johnny92 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Hi

Saw your post! Let's be fit buddies!!!
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options
    How tall are you?
  • Hearts_2015
    Hearts_2015 Posts: 12,031 Member
    edited November 2016
    Options
    kbrad4238 wrote: »
    You can definitely lose 8 pounds in a 3 months naturally. You can actually lose that in two days by getting rid of the toxins that keep you looking heavy. Have you tried Cleanse? Its a all natural drink one bottle for two days and that's it. It will not have you running to the bathroom like most products either. It actually works, and you see the results without all the side effects. Let me know if you would like to try it.

OP - no need to pay money to lose weight a good 'detox' is water, drink plenty of water and it can help in so many ways. Getting some good fiber in from foods, plenty of proteins, greens etc. can really help out.

I wouldn't suggest to anyone to do a detox with products. Just say NO to chemical detoxes, it's simple not something our body needs but other ideas shared above are helpful. @Machka9 shared some awesome ideas on getting in a routine for meals etc. plus a sleep scedule can make a huge difference as well. Getting plenty of sleep at night can effect our appetite/cravings/energy levels.

Depending on what you weigh now and what your goal weight is that would determine the amount you could lose in a given time frame.

If you have 100 lbs to lose, yes definitely have a good chance at dropping 8 lbs. If you were looking at your last 8 lbs. there's no guarantee you would lose it all in 3 months.

Take care! :smiley:
  • Hearts_2015
    Hearts_2015 Posts: 12,031 Member
    Options
    You can definitely lose 8 pounds in a 3 months naturally. You can actually lose that in two days by getting rid of the toxins that keep you looking heavy. Have you tried Cleanse? Its a all natural drink one bottle for two days and that's it. It will not have you running to the bathroom like most products either. It actually works, and you see the results without all the side effects. Let me know if you would like to try it.

OP - no need to pay money to lose weight a good 'detox' is water, drink plenty of water and it can help in so many ways.

Everyone is different, so what may work for you may not work for others. It always good give people options, your right water is a great detox, but if someone that drinks water everyday and still no results - that doesn't really solve there issue, right? A good detox has concentrates that help to support the liver’s detoxification function, while providing a supplemental source of the vitamins, minerals, enzymes, fiber, and phytonutrients your body needs, so there are still many benefits.

Do you sell products? I ask because in your earlier post you mention "Let me know if you would like to try it. " Which could sound like someone attempting to be peddling a product.
  • janekana
    janekana Posts: 151 Member
    edited November 2016
    Options

OP - no need to pay money to lose weight a good 'detox' is water, drink plenty of water and it can help in so many ways.

Everyone is different, so what may work for you may not work for others. It always good give people options, your right water is a great detox, but if someone that drinks water everyday and still no results - that doesn't really solve there issue, right? A good detox has concentrates that help to support the liver’s detoxification function, while providing a supplemental source of the vitamins, minerals, enzymes, fiber, and phytonutrients your body needs, so there are still many benefits.

Yes, because water totally makes people gain 100 lbs because there are definitely calories in water. Obviously not the greasy burgers worth 1000 calories in one meal, am I right?

OP I'm 5'4", I was 150 lbs, now 140 lbs and still looking to go down to 120 lbs. You can definitely do it even if you don't exercise, but of course exercise will always help you because you'll be allowed to eat a little bit more (plus it will make you fitter and you'll feel happier after exercise)! I can't guarantee that you'll go down 8.8 lbs in 3 months though, mostly because the lighter you are, the longer it would take to lose weight.

However, I'm definitely sure you can at least lose 6 lbs in 3 months, which is around a 0.5 lbs per week loss. That's in the healthy range for your weight already. Just follow the goals MFP set you, with a little bit of exercise when you can, and you'll be on track already! :)
  • courtneyfabulous
    courtneyfabulous Posts: 1,863 Member
    Options
    Caloric deficit - not too much, just a mild one/slow rate of loss like 1/2 to 1 lb per week - track measure and log all food, hit your calorie goal, exercise, watch that you do not exceed sugar & carb intake, watch that you eat at least the recommended amount of protein, be prepared for this to take about 3 months more or less.
  • courtneyfabulous
    courtneyfabulous Posts: 1,863 Member
    Options
    Be sure that you actually need to lose the weight and are not trying to get below a healthy weight for your height

Don't exercise too much - have 1 or 2 rest days a week at least.

I recommend not just doing cardio, do strength training as well
  • Lounmoun
    Lounmoun Posts: 8,426 Member
    Options
    I have been exercising at home and eating healthy but the problem is - NOT consistently.
    So far I've lost ~8 pounds, but I've remained stuck at 132 pounds for months.
    Now I finally have really strong motivation to remain consistent for 3 months.

I'm not aiming too high, I'd like to lose 8.8 pounds (4kg) in this amount of time. Can I do it healthily? I know that starvation won't do me any good and the weight will just bounce right back. I want to do it right. I just have to not exaggerate on sweets and continue exercising.
    But how much should I exercise?
    What can I realistically accomplish in 3 months?

Thank you!

At 132 lbs with a goal of losing 8.8 lbs you should set your goal to .5 lbs a week. You can lose without exercise so how much you exercise is up to you. Using MFP you are supposed to eat calories earned from exercise. A lot of people eat only half of those.
    You may lose about 6 lbs in 3 months if you are consisistant.
    Log your intake as accurately as you can. Use a food scale. Use correct entries from the database.
  • winteravenue
    winteravenue Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Omg thanks for so many replies so quickly, I wasn't expecting it!
    @Machka9 - You are not a downer, you are realistic and I really appreciate your honesty and I agree with you.
    Despite my hoarder tendencies, I actually tend to eat small amounts of food, but often. Because of this, I feel really stuffed and out of breath if I overeat. So we don't cook much and I'm not worried about it.

I am 5'4 and currently weigh 132 lbs. My goal is 123 lbs. I don't like skinny and I don't know why so many girls have a distorted image of what looks good, trying to become toothpicks and severely damage their health..
    I love curves and I actually like how I look now, but would like to get toned.

2 years ago, I've used MFP to track my calories every single day realistically. I ate healthy food mostly, not starving and did different workouts : Cardio/ low impact/ HIIT even if it was just shortly. Unfortunately I cannot do much strength because I don't have weights and don't want to go to a gym alone.

I went from my current weight to my current goal weight in 2 months with MFP. However, until the very end of those 2 months, the scale wasn't changing at all. So constantly weighing myself I was getting down not seeing any results.

Exercising is the most effective result for me, however.. my period (sorry to mention boys) lasts one week and is so painful especially upon physical effort - that it renders me unable to exercise for that one entire week each month. After 3 weeks of successful exercise streak, then comes the sitting on the butt week. This is my motivation killer. It's hard to pick up from that pause.

Why is this time different? Because in about 3 months is when I move to Canada to live with my husband. EXCITEMENT AT MAXIMUM LEVEL. We've been apart for so long and I really want to look good for him and more importantly for ME.

My problem? Free sweets. That's all it is. I only drink water and tea with small amounts of sugar. Like a teaspoon to ~500ml monstrous size teacup. I can DEFINITELY resist buying goodies. I can walk past those chocolates in the supermarket without hesitation. What I can't resist is: My family buying sweets and leaving them out in plain sight. People having birthdays at work and bringing many cakes and candy.
    When they're right there in front of me, they're hard to resist. I need some god damn discipline in this regard. I'm basically a hoarder. Is anyone else like me?? haha

• Snrussell09
    Snrussell09 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    The last part about the free food. That is a rough one and I have the same problem! People at work will buy food and bring it to me or leave it in the break room or something like that. Some of time, I just don't want to be rude so I replace what I was going to eat with that and it's always way more calories. Then at home, family buys bad food or orders stuff and then it's just there. It's all discipline, like you said. I have been able to politely decline a lot so now they tend not to ask lol. I'm a lot bigger so I can still lose with a bad meal here and there so you may to try even harder to start to decline that stuff. Ask your family/co-workers to help, maybe not leave it laying around or to hold you accountable if they see you do it!
  • winteravenue
    winteravenue Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    3804839.jpg
  • Snrussell09
    Snrussell09 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Find your batman.