What a difference a year makes :)

Options
bluiz13
bluiz13 Posts: 3,550 Member
so we went to maine last july for our annual family vacation...i was into my 3rd year of my journey and had lost about 37lbs since i started in january 2008 so i was about 217lbs when my family there saw me last in person....since i was in maine last july i have lost just over 43lbs more LOL - almost 80lbs total since i started in 2008 and almost 90lbs from my highest in 2005....anyway i was looking back at some pics of our trip last year (i also went to my 20 yr class reunion) and holy shiiiiittttt do i look different....so here are a few pics to compare.....PS - i feel amazing and can not wait to shock them when they see me in person cause pictures do not do justice to what i have accomplished over the last year lol....

here is the new summer dress i bought in june 2011 - 177ish
ee746894.jpg

here i am last july at my class reunion - 217ish
maine2010-1-1.jpg

here is our family pic from father's day weekend 2011 - 177ish
june2011-1.jpg

here is a family pic from last july at fort knox - 217ish
mainejuly2010-1.jpg

Replies

• chichi_76
    chichi_76 Posts: 30
    Options
    WOW! the difference is AMAZING!! CONGRATS!!
  • c00ncc
    c00ncc Posts: 55
    Options
    WOW great job! You should be VERY proud of your self! Everyone will be so impressed with the "NEW" you!
  • soonersgirl
    soonersgirl Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    wowza! looking great!
  • mamagooskie
    mamagooskie Posts: 2,964 Member
    Options
    you look amazing! great job!
  • myvenus
    myvenus Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    You look fantastic!! And it took 30 months, it doesn't matter if it took 10 months, 20 months, etc., you did it and that is all that matters!!! this is a great message to all of us, so thank you and CHEERS to you!! :drinker:
  • bluiz13
    Options
    You look fantastic!! And it took 30 months, it doesn't matter if it took 10 months, 20 months, etc., you did it and that is all that matters!!! this is a great message to all of us, so thank you and CHEERS to you!! :drinker:

more than 30 months...i'm working on year 4 now - almost 43 months in - when i hope to reach my goal (feb 2012 or sooner obviously) it will have been 50months from when i started....but every change i have made i can live with....this has never been a diet for me since i started my journey.....it's a lifestyle change....
  • jonathanswife07
    Options
    you look amazing!! you will blow everyone away!!
  • SparkleShine
    SparkleShine Posts: 2,001 Member
    Options
    Grea job! You look fantastic!
  • kimberc
    kimberc Posts: 7
    Options
    "A summer dress"! Cool!
  • hcn74
    hcn74 Posts: 214
    Options
    Wow! What a great difference! Congratulations on your success!
  • Riebop
    Riebop Posts: 275
    Options
    Great job! You look amazing!
  • BlondeViki
    BlondeViki Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    You look fab! I hope you are really proud of yourself, you're an inspiration :)
  • JoChubs
    JoChubs Posts: 5
    Options
    WOW you look GREAT!!!!

I need to lose 45 pounds ... how did you manage to lose all that weight in one year? meal plans, excercise ect. ?? any tips would be appreciated :)
  • Scarletblue
    Scarletblue Posts: 255
    Options
    You look great!
  • bluiz13
    Options
    WOW you look GREAT!!!!

I need to lose 45 pounds ... how did you manage to lose all that weight in one year? meal plans, excercise ect. ?? any tips would be appreciated :)

watching my calories in and calories out....i follow my daily goal and i eat my exercise calories....i was doing double workouts a few days a week because the weather was cool enough to run/walk during my lunch hour but pretty much just eating well and moving my *kitten*....you are welcome to friend me...i'll help in any way i can....ps...i eat chinese take out on once a week on one of my highest calorie burn days....i find that when i have this once week "splurge" which it isnt even cause i have the cals for it i dont feel like binging much.....i do running and spin class....i was doing a once a week wt lifting class but have signed up for 3 months of training at my gym so i have been doing weights with the trainers 3-4 times a week plus my cardio....my goal is set to 1lb a week and right now i'm doing calorie zig zagging and it seems to be working.....there is no magic pill, it's all just hard work that has well been worth it....
  • SoFancySoBlessed
    SoFancySoBlessed Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    You go girl! Your gonna knock them dead...Congrats!
  • wozmon
    wozmon Posts: 20
    Options
    Stunning! Well done you. :)
  • Amy_B
    Amy_B Posts: 2,323 Member
    Options
    GGGGRRRRREEEEEAAAAATTTTTTT!!!!!!!!!
  • Thaicat
    Thaicat Posts: 2
    Options
    Wonderful. Keep it up and no hurry. That is my plan, slow and steady wins the race.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!