headaches

Options
Did anyone when they first started this get headaches? I got a headache yesterday and it hasn't gone away. I am wondering if the new change with the way I eat is just shocking my body a bit.

Replies

• tony2009
    tony2009 Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    Did you give up something slightly addicting like pop? When I first gave up pop I would get HORRIBLE caffeine withdraw headaches that would last forever.
  • fitmomma23
    fitmomma23 Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    I sometimes get headaches after a pretty intense workout. But I have always had headaches so......but you are probably right, your body is just shocked with the changes you are making, I am sure it will get better!
  • lishac23
    lishac23 Posts: 16
    Options
    I'm with Tony2009....a major side effect of caffeine withdrawl is headaches. I drink a cup of coffe every morning...if I miss a day, i have a headache by the afternoon. If you've recently cut back on caffeine...could explain the headaches.
  • tony2009
    tony2009 Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    I will let you know though, Excedrin (and off brand headache medicine) has caffeine in it to accelerate the medicine, which always helped me more than any other pain reliever.
  • MaxandHenrysMom
    MaxandHenrysMom Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    I got headaches for almost a week when I first started eating better and exercising. I did NOT give up coffee-- it's my one vice and as a mom of toddler twins a neccessity ;)

--Hope the headaches ease up soon!
  • LaurieSantee
    Options
    Since starting this with MFP I have started making myself drink a lot more water. In doing so, I've discovered that I don't drink as much soda or coffee. I'm just not thirsty or I already have a glass of water. I got horrible headaches and finally figured out it was because I wasn't having all the caffeine anymore. It only lasted a few days and I'm glad I stuck it out. If you didn't give up any caffeine, I recommend that you make sure your daily calories are coming from a balanced diet. Make sure you're getting carbs (a lack of those makes me get headaches too), proteins, dairy and fruits and veggies. They are all important to your body. Keep at it and I promise it will get better.
  • cpauscher
    cpauscher Posts: 41
    Options
    If you radically change your eating and activity habits it can cause headaches. Giving up sugar, caffiene, carbs, etc., can cause headaches. Also, exercise can cause them. Make sure you're healthy and don't have high blood pressure. Good luck with your health goals. You're going to do great.
  • nathalie24
    nathalie24 Posts: 22
    Options
    It could be coffee or soda or tea or chocolate. they all have caffeine. I go to a neurologist for migraines with aura and i learned that even decaf tea HAS caffeine in it. Caffeine can actually worsen headaches in a high dose but when i get headaches i drink some decaf peppermint tea. i tell ya- that peppermint tea is a freakin lifesaver!! I wouldn't drink caffeine on a daily basis. But when you get a headache drinking the tea can help. Also keep in mind that allot of head ache meds contain caffeine. Anyways- good luck! <3 Nathalie
  • JessClaws
    JessClaws Posts: 4
    Options
    Thanks everyone! I have a 3 yr old that has autism and a 4 month old. She is like an 18month old. So It feels like twins. I didn't realize how much caffine I was taking in my food and drinks. I cut down to 3 diet cokes a day and no chocolate. I didn't realize that I was actually drinking alot more caffine than that..scary! With no sleep and running from one thing to the next I wasn't paying attention to what I was actually eating and drinking. Hopefully the headaches will stop soon! Thanks Everyone for the help!!