A bit of advice required here I think.....

Options
Hi everyone!

I'm back with my motivation in tact now - the only problem I have is finding the time to work out!!

I work from 7.30 each morning until 10pm (7 days - I own the company), I have 4 dogs that I walk first thing in the morning and again at around 5pm, and I have three horses that I spend about 30mins grooming a couple of times a week.

Any advice on how to squeeze in swimming or Pilates or yoga or something would be great??

Replies

• kkapow03
    kkapow03 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    There are many exercises you can do while at work, such as doing push-ups against your desk for upper body conditioning, doing dips off your office chair(if it doesn't roll), doing squats by standing up and sitting down just until your butt almost sits in your chair. Or if you can afford it, you can buy a stability ball chair that makes you keep your posture straight and builds up core strength. (Those are also good for doing crunches).You can also use different office equipment for strength training. Or, depending on what time you get up in the mornings, you can fit in an extra 20 minutes to get some cardio in by just walking in place or around the house at a rapid clip. Also, housework counts as exercise; you can do a search in the exercise database under the exercise tab in Fitness Pal.
    You're doing a great job with walking your dogs morning and evening; how long walk are you doing? And grooming your horses is great exercise also! Keep up the good work, and try to incorporate some of the suggestions while you're at work; you can even do some simple yoga postures while at work! Hope this helps; I used to get tips from a personal trainer when I was a member of a gym, and her suggestions really helped me. I was a nurse working in an Intensive Care Unit, and found many of the exercises she gave me were so easy to do while at work. On my lunch break(when I was able to take one), a couple of nurses and I would take the stairs down to the basement cafeteria and get a salad to eat on the run when we got back to the unit; if we knew we wouldn't have time to eat, we'd still try to get a couple of rounds up and down the stairs...
    Good luck and keep up the great work! Keep your motivation going by rewarding yourself with small things such as treating yourself to a mani/pedi or a spa day!
  • courtneyfabulous
    courtneyfabulous Posts: 1,863 Member
    Options
    Sounds like you're getting your walking in during the week- how about just exercising on the weekend?

Also that's a REALLY long work day- even if you own the company I don't see why you have to work 15 hours a day?? There's no way you're getting enough sleep with a schedule like that and sleep is extremely important for weight loss and health.

Can't you hire a manager to be there half the time and give yourself a bit more normal hours?
  • saFit247
    saFit247 Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    @BethWilliams24 The answer is in your question "You spend maximum time in your office"
    You just need to set up a small area for your workout at your office and dedicate just 30 mins between 7:30 to 10 pm.
    Dumbbells , Pull up bar ( wall mounted) , resistance bands - This is all you need
    Set up a pull up bar at any of the walls you can use in your office , the resistance bands can be used to do over 40 exercises covering your entire body using the pull up bar as support, dumbbells as well for more variety.

I am using this bands for over a year its good :smile:
    https://www.amazon.com/Black-Mountain-Products-Resistance-Exercise/dp/7245456313/ref=sr_1_5?ie=UTF8&qid=1478343431&sr=8-5&keywords=resistance+bands
  • courtneyfabulous
    courtneyfabulous Posts: 1,863 Member
    Options
    Fitnessblender on YouTube has lots of workouts that can be done at home (or office) in a small space. The body weight ones don't need any equipment except an optional mat. The strength ones just require a few dumbbells.
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,989 Member
    Options
    Sounds like you're getting your walking in during the week- how about just exercising on the weekend?

Also that's a REALLY long work day- even if you own the company I don't see why you have to work 15 hours a day?? There's no way you're getting enough sleep with a schedule like that and sleep is extremely important for weight loss and health.

Can't you hire a manager to be there half the time and give yourself a bit more normal hours?

Or even a student for a few hours after school, a few days each week. Just enough time to get out for a nice walk or bicycle ride, or a bit of time at the gym ... or even a nap.

• mrssto78
    mrssto78 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    You could always switch to a treadmill workstation. Walk slowly while you work and kick it up once or twice a day for cardio. There are more and less expensive ones on the market....but check this one out

http://www.yliving.com/steelcase-walkstation-38-inch-wide.html?source=pla_gg_STC-A7TR383030H_steelcase-walkstation-38-inch-wide_166781355_22628521275&utm_medium=pla&utm_source=cpc&gclid=CMmluo7SkdACFZZahgodIsgMoA

If you want to keep your standard desk switch your chair out for an exercise ball. You will work your core all day just by balancing on it and you can do sit-ups,squats, and push-ups with it.
  • sandrachis
    sandrachis Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    My music director has us rehearse on exercise balls. Great for abs, balance and strength.
  • MsMaeFlowers
    MsMaeFlowers Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    Dog walking counts as a work out! Also, if you ride any of those horses at any point it would be a work out as well. When I used to go horseback riding weekly I had the nicest legs and butt from it.