Low calorie pizza crust??

Options
Bethany28
Bethany28 Posts: 263
Does anyone have a good idea what to use for pizza crust that is low calorie? I want to make a chicken and spinich alfredo pizza. I am giong to use classico light alfredo, but have no clue what to use for the crust. I am googling, but thought I would check with yall too.

Thanks in advance!

Replies

• michelleion
    michelleion Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    I always use wraps :)
  • Brownski860
    Brownski860 Posts: 361 Member
    Options
    what about thomas's 100 calories sandwich thins?
  • lil_pulp
    lil_pulp Posts: 701 Member
    Options
    I've been using (and love!) Joseph's 60-calorie flax & oatbran tortillas as pizza crust. It's much closer to "real pizza" than english muffins for any other kind of tortilla that I've tried. Hope you enjoy your pizza as much as I've been enjoying mine lately!
  • lhannibal
    lhannibal Posts: 4
    Options
    Quaker White Cheddar Rice Cakes
  • jagh09
    jagh09 Posts: 555 Member
    Options
    This is a great post, thanks!
  • jagh09
    jagh09 Posts: 555 Member
    Options
    I usually buy the whole wheat pizza dough from the refrigerator section at the grocery store. But these sound like good options.
  • cdez80421
    cdez80421 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Google " weight watchers pizza crust recipe" its fairly low in calories and from what I've read, it taste pretty good. I was actually planning on trying it this week too so let me know how it ends up.
  • aamon17
    aamon17 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    FlatOut Flatbread! . . . Brush it with olive oil & place it oil-side down directky on your oven rack (375 preheated). Bake for 7 minutes for it to firm/crisp up. Take it out, add your toppings, put back in for 5-7 minutes. Voila! . . . The bread is 90-100 calories each, depending on the flavor.
  • bmramsey0614
    bmramsey0614 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Flatouts are good to use. Spread some EVOO on it and bake at 350 until the crust is crispy and then top it and bake around 10 minutes or so.

Joseph's wraps and pitas are good and low cal. I use them for wraps!
  • photorific
    photorific Posts: 577 Member
    Options
    Whole wheat pitas
  • lil_pulp
    lil_pulp Posts: 701 Member
    Options
    Quaker White Cheddar Rice Cakes
    For pizza crust? I'm intrigued....and a little grossed out by the idea of putting sauce and veggies or any sort of pizza-ish topping on a rice cake. (But I'd probably eat it anyway.)
  • Bethany28
    Bethany28 Posts: 263
    Options
    Thanks all!