A Big Scare and A New Me

Options
Hi everyone, my name is Julia. Please feel free to add me on here. I love having friends for motivation and would also love a lot of feedback.

I started this weight loss journey at the age of 16. I know that sounds terrible, but yes, it has been that long. Weight has been the center of my life. It haunts me everyday. I have tried every single diet, every workout DVD, and I've even had an eating disorder at one point. I remember when I thought 230lbs was awful for my 5'11 height. I even remember reaching 275lbs and thinking "how could you let yourself get this big?" The last straw broke when I hit 334lbs. I managed to endure the loss of my stepmother, mother, and a bachelors degree by the time that number showed up on the scale. I cannot keep up this cycle. I've had an account on myfitnesspal for years. I just recently switched everything up and changed my previous starting weight to the new increased number. It was very sad doing that.

I've been eating Paleo for the last 28 days, exercising, and going strong. I've lost 16lbs in that time. I'm slowly starting to feel more energy. I'm writing this discussion for others to see that there are people out there who have struggled and continue to do so everyday. But do not quit...it will be worth it in the long run. I will be 29 years old this month. I am married to an amazing man and have my dream job. Now I just need the body I've always wanted and to be healthy enough to have children. 334lbs starting and currently 292lbs. My doctor read my blood panel to me yesterday and told me that I'm prediabetic and my LDL was over 40 points. That is so frightening. This is the panel that was run on me 28 days ago. She issued me a new panel in 3 months. I'm striving for better results and a healthier lifestyle. Add me if you want to motivate one another.

If you read through this entire discussion, thanks. :smile:

Julia

Replies

• mambimumbo
    mambimumbo Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Hi Julia! Adding you now...we can motivate each other! :smiley:
  • Fuzzipeg
    Fuzzipeg Posts: 2,299 Member
    Options
    I'm sure by the time they retest in three months your results will show no resemblance to those taken 28 days ago. Even a test taken today would show a difference. You sound to have all the incentive you need. I hope the difficult days will be few and far between. Should one hit, deep breath and continue as you were, we all have off days at some time, particularly when we least expect them. Keep up the good work, from the sound of you, it does not need saying, You will.
  • Julijulz
    Julijulz Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    Fuzzipeg wrote: »
    I'm sure by the time they retest in three months your results will show no resemblance to those taken 28 days ago. Even a test taken today would show a difference. You sound to have all the incentive you need. I hope the difficult days will be few and far between. Should one hit, deep breath and continue as you were, we all have off days at some time, particularly when we least expect them. Keep up the good work, from the sound of you, it does not need saying, You will.

Thank you for the kind words! I am a dental hygienist, so I have the training and know what needs to be done. It was just a tough start.
  • luciarosario13
    luciarosario13 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Hi Julia, i would love to be your friend here, we could post our goals and motivate each other everyday. I started the Keto diet 5 ddays ago, ithe hasn't been hard but not easy either. I want to try to do try his for a whole year to finally lose all this weight together. I'm also 5"11 and my current weight is 249, 33 years old. Let's do tryhishisid his together!
  • pjohnson0787
    pjohnson0787 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm 29, mommy of 3. Started Here at 337 lbs, currently 322. Looking to lose at least another 122lbs.
  • luciarosario13
    luciarosario13 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Hello Pjohnson0787, we are going to do this together my friend!
  • sarahbeams
    sarahbeams Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Julijulz wrote: »
    Hi everyone, my name is Julia. Please feel free to add me on here. I love having friends for motivation and would also love a lot of feedback.

I started this weight loss journey at the age of 16. I know that sounds terrible, but yes, it has been that long. Weight has been the center of my life. It haunts me everyday. I have tried every single diet, every workout DVD, and I've even had an eating disorder at one point. I remember when I thought 230lbs was awful for my 5'11 height. I even remember reaching 275lbs and thinking "how could you let yourself get this big?" The last straw broke when I hit 334lbs. I managed to endure the loss of my stepmother, mother, and a bachelors degree by the time that number showed up on the scale. I cannot keep up this cycle. I've had an account on myfitnesspal for years. I just recently switched everything up and changed my previous starting weight to the new increased number. It was very sad doing that.

I've been eating Paleo for the last 28 days, exercising, and going strong. I've lost 16lbs in that time. I'm slowly starting to feel more energy. I'm writing this discussion for others to see that there are people out there who have struggled and continue to do so everyday. But do not quit...it will be worth it in the long run. I will be 29 years old this month. I am married to an amazing man and have my dream job. Now I just need the body I've always wanted and to be healthy enough to have children. 334lbs starting and currently 292lbs. My doctor read my blood panel to me yesterday and told me that I'm prediabetic and my LDL was over 40 points. That is so frightening. This is the panel that was run on me 28 days ago. She issued me a new panel in 3 months. I'm striving for better results and a healthier lifestyle. Add me if you want to motivate one another.

If you read through this entire discussion, thanks. :smile:

Julia

Please feel free to add me ..Would love to hear you out and give (and receive advice)..I've also done Paleo, and I feel it is a great start for you.I may even do it as a cleanse for a couple of weeks to kick-start my weight loss as well..Blessings