Workout while sick?

Options
Low energy and tired

Replies

• PennWalker
    PennWalker Posts: 554 Member
    Options
    Well, it depends. If you have low energy and are tired, some small to moderate exercise might make you feel better.

Do you have fever or other symptoms beyond fatigue? Are you unusually tired? Rest and see a doctor. Don't go to a gym and give your illness to other people.
  • n1terunner
    n1terunner Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    I find running to be an awesome decongestant :) There is a threshhold though where I lay on the couch and wish for death. I don't eat much though when doing that so win? I guess.

Could always go for a walk and keep it low key.
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    edited November 2016
    Options
    Do what you feel up to, but if you're contagious, stay out of the gym.
  • GottaBurnEmAll
    GottaBurnEmAll Posts: 7,722 Member
    Options
    Depends on what's ailing me. If I'm contagious, I stay out of the gym.

There are also certain things that can make doing squats unwise.

I usually do manage to at least walk.
  • Alisonswim46
    Alisonswim46 Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    Rest. Get better. Then, get back to exercise.
  • Fitgirllife72
    Fitgirllife72 Posts: 500 Member
    Options
    If I opted to skip my workouts when I had low energy or was tired I would never workout.
  • Cerealsensei
    Cerealsensei Posts: 1,625 Member
    Options
    normally I'll try something light, but if i feel myself getting worn out ill just stop. Dont wanna push yourself too hard, just give your body the extra rest if it needs it.
  • a45cal
    a45cal Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Don't know if this relates to your illness or not, OP, but I've always heard people say that it's fine to work out with a head cold, but not a chest cold.

Personally, I think those people are full of *kitten*. The last time I tried to work out while almost recovered from a head cold, I thought I was going to pass out and/or smother to death.

I say just rest until you feel better.