a few exercise video questions

Options
j99li
j99li Posts: 421 Member
Hi!

What do you guys prefer? Turbo Jam or TurboFire? I have only tried the 30DS.

Also, I did 7 days of level 1 of 30DS and have done 10 days of level 2. I understand its suppose to be 30 days, so do I do 3 additional days of level 2 to make up for level 1, or do I move on and do 10 days of the 30DS and call it that, or what haha.

Also, any opinion on the amount of weights I should use for the 30DS? Im currently using 5lb weights but I cant seem to get through all the repetitions.

What do you guys recommend on after the 30DS?

Thanks!

Replies

• asallen7
    asallen7 Posts: 301
    Options
    I prefer Turbo Fire, but that's because I wore Turbo Jam out. lol As for the weights, its a good thing that you are not able to do all the repetitions, because it seems you might be working your muscles to failure. That's a good thing. Just keep trying to work with the 5's until you're strong enough to do all the reps. Then later you might want more of a challenge and may move up to 8's.

I like Jillian's Burn Fat Boost Metabolism. It is a bit longer than the 30DS though. Just do something that you like and that challenges you.
  • hendricksonpower
    Options
    Honestly if you want to burn the most calories in the most time and NOT get bored..... Insanity workouts are the best. I presses pause a lot and still do but WOW I feel amazing after Im done. Look into it. If you cant do all the moves its not a big deal. i just keep trying at my own pace. Best wishes! :)
  • foreverloved
    foreverloved Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    Turbo jam is a bit easier and I have found it fun but not challenging enough so I'm going to start turbo fire after 30 DS. The turbo fire program has lots of different workouts and a 20 week program to maximize their usage.
  • mommyrox05
    mommyrox05 Posts: 238
    Options
    I like to use 3 lb weights...sometimes I feel like they are a litte light, but more times than not I feel like it is just enough for me for where I'm at right now.
    I would just progress with the video as you are ready to do so. I just had this ame question...and all of my friends who responded said to take between 10-14 days on each level. Seemed like a good idea to me! :) Good Luck!
  • j99li
    j99li Posts: 421 Member
    Options
    Honestly if you want to burn the most calories in the most time and NOT get bored..... Insanity workouts are the best. I presses pause a lot and still do but WOW I feel amazing after Im done. Look into it. If you cant do all the moves its not a big deal. i just keep trying at my own pace. Best wishes! :)

Is insanity do-able if I have never done p90x?