Weight loss struggles

Options
shortygirl1987
shortygirl1987 Posts: 230 Member
So what are some of your struggles when losing weight? Mine are stress, and craving sweets, lack of motivation is another when I hit a plateau

Replies

• DeficitDuchess
    DeficitDuchess Posts: 3,099 Member
    edited November 2016
    Options
    Many things that I like to eat/drink, eventually ceases to exist; whether they're limited edition or not! So when I like something, I panic & buy/consume as much as possible; of it!
  • JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,182 Member
    Options
    I struggle with patience. When I consider how long I've been trying to stay in a calorie deficit, 9+ months, and how much longer I may have to do so to reach my goal, 6+ months, I struggle with patience. An over-eating episode is only going to set me back 1 week. What is 1 week in 6+ months? I struggle with patience.
  • DeficitDuchess
    edited November 2016
    Options
    I struggle with patience. When I consider how long I've been trying to stay in a calorie deficit, 9+ months, and how much longer I may have to do so to reach my goal, 6+ months, I struggle with patience. An over-eating episode is only going to set me back 1 week. What is 1 week in 6+ months? I struggle with patience.

How about thinking, how fast; that time'll go by? Like when we say: I can't believe, it's been a year already! Then it might not, seem as long!
  • SoUl_ReBeL2021
    SoUl_ReBeL2021 Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    I struggle exercising daily I just seem to really drag my feet...
  • EricNewark
    EricNewark Posts: 295 Member
    Options

This. I tell myself "I need to do this and this today" then as I crawl in bed that night I think "damn I didn't do this or that" and then the cycle starts again. Lol
  • zyxst
    zyxst Posts: 9,134 Member
    Options
    Not being able to eat what I want in the amounts I want.
  • AliceAxe
    AliceAxe Posts: 172 Member
    Options

dragging your feet..hmm could be a new for of exersize routine? hee hee sort of like moon walking ;)

I struggle with eating right on a very limited budget , becuase I am disable dand poor I have to rely on food pantries and they usualy offer only the worst quality food high in carbs etc. also being diable dI cant exersize like I need to. also hypoglycemia means I have to eat cnstantly like a shrew. and now that Ive hit menapause Ive got the hormene problem making me gain. its the perfect storm and a recipie for disaster. Im keeping under 1200 generaly but Im still gainign and the consequences to my blood sugar have been bad, its torture.
  • kshatriyo
    kshatriyo Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    I struggle with regular maintenance and having a set routine. I am trying to learn how to just kind of do things that are good for me, but not too much, while kind of lightheartedly stopping my bad habits, slowly but surely. I am just too used to extremes and tend to dive into one direction. That makes progress extremely hard to see long term, so instead of focusing on weight loss I am focusing on learning moderation.
  • mystykitn
    mystykitn Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I love chocolate. I can't stop eating it. My dh wants to start ketogeniv diet. That means no chocolate!!
  • mystykitn
    mystykitn Posts: 9 Member
    Options

Me too. 21 days for a new habit.
  • DeficitDuchess
    Options
    EricNewark wrote: »

This. I tell myself "I need to do this and this today" then as I crawl in bed that night I think "damn I didn't do this or that" and then the cycle starts again. Lol

I set my alarm clock on my phone & have it labeled for exercise, so that's how I ensure that; I don't conveniently forget!
  • aneedforchange
    aneedforchange Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Eating everything within sight during that time of the month ... It's a serious struggle lol
  • shortygirl1987
    Options
    AliceAxe wrote: »

dragging your feet..hmm could be a new for of exersize routine? hee hee sort of like moon walking ;)

I struggle with eating right on a very limited budget , becuase I am disable dand poor I have to rely on food pantries and they usualy offer only the worst quality food high in carbs etc. also being diable dI cant exersize like I need to. also hypoglycemia means I have to eat cnstantly like a shrew. and now that Ive hit menapause Ive got the hormene problem making me gain. its the perfect storm and a recipie for disaster. Im keeping under 1200 generaly but Im still gainign and the consequences to my blood sugar have been bad, its torture.

That's also partly what I'm going through, I'm living off of one income, and I have to chose to eat unhealthy foods because I can't afford healthy food, I've thought about food pantries but haven't tried them out, I have to eat a lot in order to feel ok and habd energy, I was working out but I'm so stressed I stopped for now
  • shortygirl1987
    Options
    mystykitn wrote: »
    I love chocolate. I can't stop eating it. My dh wants to start ketogeniv diet. That means no chocolate!!

Chocolate is a big weakness of mine, I had one month a few years ago that all I wanted to do was eat chocolate, I was constantly craving it, good luck on the no chocolate thing, I'm sure you can do it
  • GetnSmallz
    GetnSmallz Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Eating everything within sight during that time of the month ... It's a serious struggle lol

Yes! Im with you on that
  • GetnSmallz
    GetnSmallz Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    My issue is not stopping on my "cheat" day. I over do it!
  • emd2570
    emd2570 Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    So what are some of your struggles when losing weight? Mine are stress, and craving sweets, lack of motivation is another when I hit a plateau

Def craving sweets - this last bit of weight too - I have about 18 lbs to go and it's being stubborn
  • CharVision
    CharVision Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hey ladies I to am struggling with getting out of a certain weight range but I know a lot of it has to do with my eating habits and I feel like stress is causing me to overeat and I had to pause my phentermine regimen for a few days I had to take pain killers that can cause a reaction if combined with phentermine my plan is to get back on track starting Monday my weight hasn't gone up but it also hasn't gone down I'm also stressing some outside things that I have to remind myself are out of my hands like my employment status I work on a contract basis and not knowing weather that contract will be renewed has me on stress mode but anyhow o want reboot for monday any tips on how to restart my healthy eating habits and stick to it even when stressed