Can someone help me please?

Options
I'm trying to figure my life out. I'm 5'7 20 year old Female weight 182 lbs. this is the highest weight I've ever been and I'm crushed. I've heard macros are a good way to lose weight efficiently, I'm not sure how they work or how to track them. I also don't know how to keep weight off or fight cravings. HELP!! Any advice will be helpful!

Replies

• amatherly81608
    amatherly81608 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Hi, what I usually do is count calories, I might try the Macros after a couple more months. I'm. 31yr old male was 307 and now I'm 280 after just a little over a month. Invest in a food scale I bought mine fromn Wal Mart for 18$.. Calculate how through MFP and just stick to it and track EVERYTHING.. Personally it's not as hard as I thought it would be, u can still have the foods u want but it's all about portion control. Trust me loved everything that was bad for me I drank soda,ate candy, loved fast food, and junk food of course. U can do this and always look on here or the LoseIt subreddit for support, we got your back. Good luck to u
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    A calorie deficit is how you lose weight. Macros are more for satiety and body composition. Get your logging down first, then play around with your macros to find a ratio that works for you.
  • lorrpb
    lorrpb Posts: 11,464 Member
    Options
    Read the sticky posts at the top of each MFP forum. Lots of good Info in there.
  • Okohme
    Okohme Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    I found cravings get easier with time, you learn how to tame them, how to listen to your hunger cues, things like that. Fresh and baked fruits and veggies have helped me a lot because I can eat a lot for not too many calories and feel fuller when I'm still feeling like I need a lot of food.
  • YELLOWGREEN1234
    YELLOWGREEN1234 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Hi, what I usually do is count calories, I might try the Macros after a couple more months. I'm. 31yr old male was 307 and now I'm 280 after just a little over a month. Invest in a food scale I bought mine fromn Wal Mart for 18$.. Calculate how through MFP and just stick to it and track EVERYTHING.. Personally it's not as hard as I thought it would be, u can still have the foods u want but it's all about portion control. Trust me loved everything that was bad for me I drank soda,ate candy, loved fast food, and junk food of course. U can do this and always look on here or the LoseIt subreddit for support, we got your back. Good luck to u
    Thank you. This made me feel so much better! I guess I just have to stick with it! Good luck to you too!!
  • Moonlitriver17
    Moonlitriver17 Posts: 46 Member
    edited November 2016
    Options
    Count calories and stick to it. IT'S that simple. TRACK everything you eat. Aim for nutritious eating. YOU will lose the weight. Be patient and commit to tracking.