Looking for Friends who have 100+ Pounds to lose.

Options
I started MFP this week and I started at 292.5 and I'm currently at 286. I want to lose 100+ pounds.

I'm not fat due to my genes. I just tend to eat too many calories. I'm used to 5000-6000 calories a day. I'm currently eating under 1800 per day.

This week I've purposely tried to keep my meals even at 30% of my calories each. This has seemed to help me a lot since I'm not as hungery later in the day.

I've traditionally been a late eater and I didn't eat much for breakfast. So I'm trying something different.

I'm open to any tips on some good recipes that are easy to make and satisfying under 500 calories.

Add me as a friend if you have similar goals and would like to encourage each other. I'll be a positive influence.

Replies

• enfolium
    enfolium Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hi DjPorkchop73,

Thanks for reaching out to me! I'd love to be friends with you too. Not sure how to do it on this app. I recently switched over from the lose it app. I like MFP way better.

This is my 3rd day trying to balance out my meals and it has been so much easier! Congrats on your weight loss so far. Keep up the good work!
  • becca_rup23
    becca_rup23 Posts: 396 Member
    Options
    I started out with just over 100 to lose and I'm down 60 now! High protein and lots of veggies helps a lot with lower calorie meals :) Feel free to add me!
  • tekwriter
    tekwriter Posts: 923 Member
    Options
    Hello, I have been on MFP for a while. I lost 87 pounds then broke my shoulder in two places a tear ago. Due to inactivity, multiple illnesses and a lapse into poor eating habits I have gained most of the weight back. I would be glad to be friends with anyone. Just send me a request. This is one of the best places to be and it does work.
  • mrssto78
    mrssto78 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    Hi @enfolium, I have sent you a friend request as well. We all need all the encouragement we can get!
  • Live0rDieTrying
    Live0rDieTrying Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Hi enfolium,

I have a similar weight loss goal in mind. My heaviest currently is 338, and I'm looking to be at 200 lbs as a long term goal, and then re-evaluate at that point. At one point back in 2012, I was able to go from 320 to 270 from November to February of 2013. I ended up derailing myself after February when my mother passed away, but I'm back and ready to give it another go since I know what's worked in the past. But I think this time, I just need some more motivation from like-minded people and encouragement. I can help encourage other people, but I just find it difficult to apply the same to myself which is odd, but... if you'd like to be friends, I can message you - anyone else is free to message or add me :smile: I would love having more friends!
  • hollyhavik
    hollyhavik Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Hello, I'm friend requesting you and invite everyone else to friend me as well.
    I have 165 lbs to lose. I'm at 343 right now but my high weight is 355 (well I was 400 when I had my son because of preeclampsia and swelling but I lost 60 lbs within a month and a half of his birth, so I tend not to count it) I would love to have more friend in a similar situation. I'm following a keto diet so our meals will be a little different but goals are the same!
  • marip512
    marip512 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Sign me up please! After having my kids weight has been so hard to lose. Need motivation.
  • 888Butterfly888
    888Butterfly888 Posts: 3,203 Member
    Options
    Sent friend request. If anyone else wants to add me feel free.
  • DcSyn87
    DcSyn87 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    i am new here and i am looking to lose about 90 pounds. any ideas or help is welcome or recipes are always good. i have a ton of recipes i would like to share as well. if any would like to add me or let me add them that would be great
  • asrai50
    asrai50 Posts: 937 Member
    Options
    Sending you a request. Anyone can feel free to add me. I currently have 109lbs left to go. I am currently down 96 pounds from my highest weight. It seems like a long way to go...but its definitely possible :)
  • SABollman
    SABollman Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    I weigh 283. I would like to lose120 lbs to lose. I have been wanting to lose for years. and the more I obsess about it the more I don't seem to be able to get anywhere. I have talked myself out of dieting and learning to eat healthier. I start every day new with I am gonna do it and by afternoon I start falling apart. by the time I get home in the evening I want to eat anything. I wish someone who is doing well could share their menu.
  • bblue656
    bblue656 Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    Started with 100 lbs to lose, now im down to the 70s range. Started at 303lbs, now im at 251.8, anyone add me :)
  • MsKriss281
    MsKriss281 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    I'm starting this journey again after becomming a mom and losing my focus. Anyone can add me :smiley:
  • mdavis440
    mdavis440 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I started at 264 and made my first goal today of 10 lbs lost! I need to lose 100 lbs as well. I suffer from depression and anxiety so food over the last couple years bacsme my comfort. I'm ready to become healthy and eventually get off my anti depressants. Please add me if you wNt. All the support is welcome
  • ICameToGetDown
    ICameToGetDown Posts: 958 Member
    Options
    Add me if you like.
    I am down 71lbs with more to go.
  • marip512
    marip512 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I would like to become a member. I need to lose 100lbs. For me and my babies. Anyone feel free to add me. Need all the motivation i can get.
  • jwill472
    jwill472 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Add me bro. I've lost 167lbs and always looking for new ACTIVE friends.