Can't stop eating

Options
I know how many calories I'm limited to, but can't seem to stick to it, some days I'm under , most I'm over. I'm really struggling, 488lbs. now, I started at 456lbs here

Replies

• cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,096 Member
    Options
    You can stick to it. One day at a time, save your own life. You're the only one who can do it.

Welcome to the forums, I invite you to start reading everything. Especially the Success Stories section. There are many peoples' stories who have lost 200+ pounds.

Just start. :flowerforyou:
  • loobe1066
    loobe1066 Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    You can do it renato225. As cmriverside said one day at a time. I don't know your age but it's probably taken several years for you to get to your current weight so you have years worth of unhelpful eating habits to unlearn and unfortunately you won't be able to learn them and successfully lose weight overnight because you are human. Stick with it you can do this
  • lizzyh207
    lizzyh207 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    You can do it. Everything takes time just do one thing each day to change your habits for the better and eventually those changes will turn into results!
  • itsbasschick
    itsbasschick Posts: 1,584 Member
    Options
    you can find lower calorie things to munch, stuff you really like. if you eat regular ice cream, switch to dryers slow churned as it's about a quarter less calories. if you eat cheese, switch to a lower fat cheese with some less calories. my favorite fruit yogurt is 80 calories a container - it's dannon light & fit cherry, and it's delish. there are lots of substitutions you can make, easily cutting your calories 25%.

also i find when i sleep more, i eat less. for one thing, i can't eat while i'm asleep, but while i'm a bigtime snacker, i seem to feel the snacking urge less when i'm rested. also try and do other things you love doing that satisfy you. i eat the most when i'm overworked, stressed and just not happy - not necessarily unhappy, but totally unfulfilled.

you can do it!

• everher
    everher Posts: 909 Member
    Options
    I'm new here, but I've struggled with portion control and eating the wrong types of food most of my life. What helps me is drinking plenty of water, being as active as I can at my fitness level, and I eat low calorie nutritious foods so that I can eat enough to feel full. I also don't keep junk food in my house, I try not to be idle as it leads to boredom eating, and I eat at set times everyday.

Just focus on the here and now. If you think about how far you have to go or next week or the next day you will become discouraged. You can do this. Just one step at a time.
  • DjPorkchop73
    DjPorkchop73 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I know people get tired of hearing this, but switch out a meal (to some a snack) with something like a yogurt with Protein powder in it. I found once my protein intake went up, the weight started to come down. I was not as hungry all the time anymore.

And on a side note, if you drink soda (pop what ever you prefer to call it) drop it immediately. It is empty calories. I stopped drinking pop alone and stopped sugaring my coffee and kept eating as normal and dropped 30 pounds. that is how bad that stuff is.

As far as not stopping eating goes, I know all to well how that goes. I had / have a very bad issue with GOOD leftovers in the fridge. I used to have panic attacks thinking someone was going to get to it before I did. I knew right then and there one day when it dawned one me that I needed help. I am a 100% food addict. No way around it. I can use all the excuses in the world but when push comes to shove I am an addict.

Ironically enough, the one thing that has helped me the most is talking to my counselor and coming here daily and logging and watching my numbers. When the numbers say I'm done for the day, I'm done for the day. Now it isn't so much a numbers thing anymore. I find when I am eating, I slowed way down and enjoy it more and ironically enough I am getting full quicker. I have had a couple borderline to much to eat days in the last month, but it is a far cry better than every single day.

In the end, you are the only one that can do this. Consider the alternative and see what you like better. I chose to try to get healthier and live a little longer.

Take care and I wish you nothing but the best of results!
  • brazilsoccer812
    brazilsoccer812 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    renato225 wrote: »
    I know how many calories I'm limited to, but can't seem to stick to it, some days I'm under , most I'm over. I'm really struggling, 488lbs. now, I started at 456lbs here

Take a look at The_walking_joey on Instagram. He's a wonderful inspiration and has lost over 250 lbs in only 2 years. You can do it!
  • Naija82
    Naija82 Posts: 345 Member
    Options
    As someone mentioned above try to change 1 thing at a time. When I first started I stopped eating crisps (I'm a massive addict), did that for 2 weeks, then stopped with the chocolate everyday, replaced juice with water etc. It takes a while to break old habits. I also started eating low carb, the main benefit for me is it helped with sugar cravings and I tend to be fuller on less calories eating more fat n protein than I did eating carbs, this doesn't always work for everyone.
  • EllaLynn24
    EllaLynn24 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Once I start eating I'm constantly eating/snacking until I go to sleep. I've noticed eating meat, peanut butter, and cheese is the only thing that really helps me stay full and not want to stuff my face, especially an hour after eating a meal, like dinner. I ate a nice plate of chicken by itself 4hrs ago and I haven't been hungry since.
  • RingRings
    RingRings Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I was pretty good at following the limits at the beginning of the day, but when I got home from work I always feel hungry and craving for food.
  • ajonetteg
    ajonetteg Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    you can do it just keep trying you can try natural sweetness maybe
  • JaydedMiss
    JaydedMiss Posts: 4,286 Member
    Options
    I found it helpful to add foods like potatoes to my diet when i started, Its very hard to actually go over your calorie limits with potatoes and non starchy vegetables, Aslong as your not piling toppings and sauces on them. Filled me up and let me eat large amounts
  • sarahbeams
    sarahbeams Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    renato225 wrote: »

I have a few friends who have done a protein diet for about two weeks to kick start weight loss..It keeps you full. I would suggest eating mostly white meats and veggies eggs and salads for a couple of weeks. I wouldn't worry too much about calories because you'll be full most of the time.but I believe it's only safe that way for a couple of weeks,ofcourse I'm not an expert.Good luck.
  • Annamariefraz
    Annamariefraz Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Fresh raw veggies hold little calories and alot of flavor you can basically eat them from the time you wake up til you go to sleep your body burns more calories digesting them than the veggie contains