The Scale

Options
Trying to figure out how often to weigh myself. Any philosophies on good/bad approaches? I want to weigh in everyday but I realize weight fluctuates due to factors other than weight loss/gain. How often do you folks hit the scale?

Replies

• RebelliousRibbons
    RebelliousRibbons Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    Weigh in every day, record results every day. Sure, your weight will fluctuate, but at least it will keep you aware of the changes that may or may not be attributed to your diet/ exercise/ TOM/ etc.
  • etc63
    etc63 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I used to be obsessed with wieghing my self. On this new mfp mission I am forcing myself to not obsess and only weigh myself once a week at the most, sometimes I go 10 days. That's why I only post weight loss randomly. I feel much better this time. Becasue I want it to be the last time. Good luck.
  • tjnd88
    tjnd88 Posts: 26
    Options
    I weigh myself first thing in the morning before I shower, but not every day. I get discouraged if I do that.
    Weigh-in for me is every Friday morning.
  • zenchild
    zenchild Posts: 680 Member
    Options
    I weigh every morning. I don't take it too seriously but I find it keeps me on track. For example, I really want to go over to the kitchen and get one of the leftover brownies from the employee lunch. I just have to picture the number on the scale this morning and summon the willpower to ignore the brownies. I record on Fridays but weighing daily helps me behave during the week.
  • LittleD311
    LittleD311 Posts: 618 Member
    Options
    I would highly suggest getting measurements...i had to have my bf remove the scale, since that was all I was focused on!
  • anulle2009
    anulle2009 Posts: 580 Member
    Options
    once a week.....
  • LilRedRooster
    LilRedRooster Posts: 1,421 Member
    Options
    I weigh every week in the morning, but not religiously. I used to weigh-in every day, but I've noticed that my weight fluctuates naturally between 1-3lbs on any given day, due to water retention, bloating, whatever, so I only weigh and record myself about once a week when I feel good. Otherwise, I'll weigh myself for fun, but I won't record it.
  • rmsrws
    rmsrws Posts: 639 Member
    Options
    I admitt I am a "scale *kitten*" I weigh myself every morning after using rest room around 6 a.m.

Some dis-agree with this theory. I just know for me it helps me keep things balanced and accoutable. You need to do what works for you!!

Take measurements. I sure wished I would of in the beining. It helps you notice progress if they scale is not being friendly!!!

Best Wishes!
  • davis22b
    davis22b Posts: 31
    Options
    I weigh myself every day sometimes twice a day, just to see if how I eat is keeping my on track. Obviously I drink A LOT of water so if I do gain - I hope it's water weight, but it helps me stay on track with what to eat and what not to eat and I also keep my own personal journal to help me.